C. Dillon...anyone have some info on this clown? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C. Dillon...anyone have some info on this clown?

Moderator: Football Moderators

C. Dillon...anyone have some info on this clown?

Postby lawman_nyc » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:41 am

What are your thoughts? I know he has not practiced Wed and Thur. I dont know if he practiced today. Do you guys think he will start this week or is his injury a little bit moe serious than BB is leading us to believe.

If he doesnt play, who will get more touches this week?

C. Cobbs~~~~>does anyone know if he is practicing with the firast team??

K. Faulk~~~>had a good receiving game but his running game did not show up
lawman_nyc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treerucker_ffc » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:04 pm

any dillion news?
treerucker_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:08 pm

NE is very bad about reporting the "real" injury status.

Dillon says he is fine and should be good to play, and that last week was more precautionary than anything. The problem is, that BB gives out so little info, that Dillon talking may actually be a ploy to throw of STL (I actually didnt think of that myself, I read it on some website). This is thought b/c when Dillon had his ankle injury, he didnt say a word about it, but now he's open to talking

If Dillon does not play, Faulk will get the carries. There is no way Cobbs can be ready to carry the load
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:53 pm

I'm a confused Dillon owner too. The wires still have him as "questionable." Take it all with a grain of salt however because Coach Belichick likes to play games when reporting injuries. Personally (and this is purely speculation), I think Coach Belichick HATES the whole institution of fantasy football and jerks us around whenever the opportunity arises. Now I'm not saying he goes around thinking about it, just that he doesn't miss a chance to stick it too the leagues when it is presented.

The word in today's Boston Globe

Corey Dillon, who missed last Sunday's game against Pittsburgh with a thigh injury, was held out of practice again yesterday. He is still listed as questionable and was one of nine Patriots who sat out yesterday's workout as the team prepares for St. Louis Sunday.

Coach Bill Belichick didn't have much to add about Dillon's status. When asked if there was any update, he said, "No." When pressed further, the coach said, "He is questionable."
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:27 pm

latraffic wrote:Corey Dillon, who missed last Sunday's game against Pittsburgh with a thigh injury, was held out of practice again yesterday. He is still listed as questionable...

Thanks, latraffic. I think its telling that he isn't practicing. I had bought into a rumor reported elsewhere that the biggest reason he didn't play last week was disciplinary.
Now, I suspect there is something wrong.
Hopefully not Branch-type wrong.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dfell » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:34 pm

I'm a Dillon owner who started him last week and was burned. Please pass along any info found later today.
dfell
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:02 pm

I am starting to suspect that this "thigh" injury is a flare up of the groin injury that limited him to nothing last season.

I mean what can really be wrong with your thigh? Torn quad? Bruise? Missing a game and then all this practice is not a good sign.
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Chopper » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:42 pm

Got this interesting bit from footballdiehards.com while continuing my quest for Branch info. Some pseudo-Dillon 'news' in there if you close your eyes and imagine real hard.....
Still, its the Branch quote that makes this a great item:
As noted in a previous update. ... Corey Dillon, who missed last Sunday's game against Pittsburgh with a thigh injury, was held out of practice again yesterday.
He is still listed as questionable and was one of nine Patriots who sat out yesterday's workout as the team prepares for St. Louis Sunday.

According to Boston Globe staffer Reid Laymance, head coach Bill Belichick didn't have much to add about Dillon's status. When asked if there was any update, he said, "No." When pressed further, the coach said, "He is questionable."

However, the Sports Xchange advised readers following Thursday's workout that Dillon has been in pads this week and while he is being held out of portions of practice, he is working with the team on a limited basis and "is expected to play Sunday."

I'll continue the hunt for Dillon-related news and pass along anything pertinent as it comes to my attention. ...

Along those lines, Laymance went on to point out that injuries can make it a challenge to prepare -- something the coach was more willing to discuss.

"I think it depends on the player and the situation," said Belichick. "Say a player goes out there and you feel like he could really only take a few plays here, he has an [injury] and we don't want to overtax him.

"Well, then it is up to the position coach, really, to pick out what those plays are. If we want to run 'ride-35' 700 times since the start of training camp, maybe that is not the play that you want to put him in there for.

"Maybe it should be a play that is a new play or it is a play that is against a look that we haven't seen or we don't normally see."

Also of interest. ...

According to Providence Journal beat man Tom E. Curran, receiver Deion Branch, who hasn't played since injuring his knee in Week 2, was asked Thursday how he's feeling.

"Straight," he replied.

And yes, your guess is as good as mine on that one. ...
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk