Rookie Here, Gotta Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rookie Here, Gotta Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rookie Here, Gotta Question

Postby Joe Joe » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:11 am

Hey, I am new to fantasy football, this only my 2nd year playing and I was wondering what a Keeper League is. I got invited to join one, but I was really sure what it was. I have an idea, but it would be cool if you guys could help me out. Thank in advance and no flaming ;-D L8
Joe Joe

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:26 am

Definitely no flaming. :-)

In a keeper league, a number of players will remain on your roster from season to season. Instead of drafting solely for the upcoming season, you'll need to consider a player's age and future value as well.

Some keeper leagues can become very complex, incorporating everything from franchise tags to salary caps. If you haven't participated in one before, it's definitely worth trying. Enjoy! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hawk022499 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:02 am

I agree, keeper leagues are a lot of fun. Its nice knowing you aren't going to lose your whole roster at the end of the season.

Make sure you prepare for your draft as a bad initial draft can take a few seasons to correct depending on the # of keepers.

Know your scoring system and plan your drafting order to maximize skill level at each position. (ie. when its time to go with a WR or QB instead of a RB.....)
Hawk022499
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk