The official Clinton Portis sucks thread!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The official Clinton Portis sucks thread!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

The official Clinton Portis sucks thread!!!!

Postby Favreboy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:29 pm

I'm so tired of seeing people say you have to play your studs and then list Portis under this category, he has flat out sucked since becoming a Redskin, this is not an opinion it is fact, and here is my evidence:

Portis has rushed the ball 170 times this year, he scored on his first rush of the year, and has scored 1 other rushing TDs this year, that means he has only 1 TD in his last 169 carries!!!! Stud, I think not

Portis only has 2 games over 100 yards this year, he is not even averaging 4 yards per carry, if you take out the 2 100 yard games he is averaging 68 yards per game in the other 5 games, with no TD's and minimal at best receiving yards meaning from you're so called stud RB, you're getting on average about 6-7 points a week. That's a joke. Not once has he even ranked in the top 5 in RB's for any given week and the week he came closest he finished 6th, but didn't score any TDs that day either.

He is the biggest bust of the year, especially relating to where people drafted him this year, people talk about Kevan Barlow being the biggest bust, but more was expected from Portis and he's not even close, hell Barlow has actually scored more rushing TDs than Portis, he is no longer a stud and unless you have nobody better, but remember just because Portis has the name doesn't mean he's better, Portis should be relagated to spot starting duties against teams with weak run defenses, I've said my peace, now bash me if you like!!!
Favreboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The official Clinton Portis sucks thread!!!!

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:32 pm

Favreboy wrote:if you take out the 2 100 yard games he is averaging 68 yards per game in the other 5 games

Why would you take out the 2 100 yard games? They exist.

Oh, I know why. It's so you can create a false point on which to base your rant. Congrats on a job....done.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bandito » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:36 pm

woah woah woah here... slow down captain.. does portis suck or is the offensive system that he is in suck? The skins always seem to be coming from behind having to revert to the passing game? i dont know.. i could be wrong.. just something to think about
QB: Bulger, Delhomme
WR: R.Wayne, Ro. Williams, M. Harrison, A. Toomer, Randle El
RB: Portis, Bettis, M. Moore
TE: McMicheal
K: S. Graham
Bandito
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby s0meguy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:39 pm

Did you know that if you take out Priest Holmes' 14 TD carries, he's got 0 TDs on 166 carries!?! Bench him for Reuben Droughns this week
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:41 pm

You make a decent argument. He's definitely not living up to his early-mid first round status. It seems as though there's one every year...but it's normally the guy people put as the #1 choice (Faulk and Ricky in years previous).

I ranked him just before Jamal at 6 this year because of the new system and the loss of part of the Redskins front line. Brunell is not helping his worth either as teams are not scared of him throwing downfield for TD's. They would much rather stop Portis who they know will be getting the ball tons of times. It's working for the defensive side as the Skins have a pretty bad record so far this year.

I'm just hoping a sub-par year for Portis can mean a better "steal" for him next year. You know the guy has skills, but he can only do so much with what he has. Hopefully next year he'll be better with his line back and (hopefully) a new QB that can stretch the field better than Brunell is. Maybe he will fall to the middle or late second round and become a huge value pickup.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk