Reid Interview...Westbrook's Starting! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reid Interview...Westbrook's Starting!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reid Interview...Westbrook's Starting!

Postby sergasCA » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:04 pm

Here's everything Reid said today on Westbrook's situation:

On Brian Westbrook's availability: "He should be fine."

On whether he feels he has to limit his use of Brian Westbrook: "He feels good so you have to take that into consideration and bank on what the medical people tell you also. Right now we'll play him. He wants to play and he feels good."

On whether Brian Westbrook has had any additional scans or MRIs: "No."

On whether he has an ideal number of touches for Brian Westbrook: "Well we'll see. I don't have a number, no. I'm just going to play him. I'll rotate him like I did before he was hurt."

On whether there is any extra protection on his ribs: "No, not necessarily. It's not a rib down here (pointing to lower ribs); it's where the pads cover. So the pads cover that area."

On whether there was a point in the week when he was confident that Brian Westbrook would play: "Each day he's gotten better. I think he had it in his mind that he was going to play this week. He got a tremendous amount of treatment; (head trainer) Rick (Burkholder) and the doctors did a great job with him. Heck, he feels good. He's running around, there's no wincing or any of that stuff. He feels strong and good."

On whether he is surprised that Brian Westbrook is going to play: "The primary thing was the contusion. I think everybody is focusing on the small break. The break was very minimal. It was a contusion that he had and it was a matter of that thing settling down. You just didn't know. But it's worked out

Now I don't know who's a better play...a healthy K. Jones vs Wash or a banged up B. Westbrook vs Pitt. Sorta like deciding if you would rather die by hanging or electric chair.... Any opinions?
QB: P. Manning
RB: A. Green, C. Portis, B. Westbrook, K. Jones, N. Davenport
WR: R. Moss, K. McCardell, A. Boldin, D. Stallworth, J. McCareins, E. Kennison
sergasCA
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:07 pm

I think they're nuts to start him witha cracked rib. I assume he will be wearing a flak jacket but even without...how the hell is he going to breathe with a cracked rib?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sergasCA » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:09 pm

You know Westbrook wants to deflate all the talk of Duce Staley coming back to Philly. He'd play with his leg hanging by a tendon if he had to. So, who's the better play? K. Jones or Westee?
sergasCA
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:11 pm

I can't see how he can take a hit or recover from something as simple as a 10 or 20 yard run. Playing through pain is one thing...having to take a deep breath with a cracked rib is another.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sergasCA » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:21 pm

I just read the interview a bit more carfefully....Reid doesn't say Westee will START. However, he did say that he would rotate him into the offense exactly as he did before the injury. I can only assume that means he'll get as many touches/plays as he did before. Again, K. Jones vs Wash or Westee vs. Pitt?
sergasCA
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby djfresh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:33 pm

eric johnson's been playing with a cracked rib for the past month. there are different severities of cracked ribs. his is very miniscule from what i hear and does not have trouble breathing.

thus, he is able to play
djfresh
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:33 pm

sergasCA wrote:I just read the interview a bit more carfefully....Reid doesn't say Westee will START. However, he did say that he would rotate him into the offense exactly as he did before the injury. I can only assume that means he'll get as many touches/plays as he did before. Again, K. Jones vs Wash or Westee vs. Pitt?

Wrong forum for the question Sergas. Post it over in Who to Start and you will get a bunch of replies. Me, Who knows... I would be looking at the wire. Jones against Wash...crap, Westbrook finishing the game...probably not. Could be a couple of two pointers this week.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:39 pm

The best case that I could see for Westbrook would be maybe 15 touches. I'm with you guys, I don't know why the hell they would run a RB out there with a cracked rib.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk