2005 gems - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2005 gems

Moderator: Football Moderators

2005 gems

Postby cooleyhigh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:06 pm

Well all my bye week problems are behind me and I'm looking to drop some fillers for future (next season) talent in a dynasty. I'm looking at two players Maurice Morris and Dominic Rhodes.

I know Alexander and James are up for free agency. Despite all the Edge to Miami chatter Polian has declared he will resign edge and harrison. Seattle seems to be showing SA the door instead of Hass despite their performances :-? but might they bring someone else in?

Which player has the better chance of being a starting back and is there anyone I'm forgetting?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:09 pm

Foster is another solid choice. SHould be dropped to the WW after his injury. Maybe Blaylock. Not sure what the word on Priest is these days. Last I heard was when Vermeil left, he would too.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MadScott » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:37 pm

I really can't see Blaylock going anywhere in the offseason but Larry Johnson should get moved and might be worth a flier. Not sure if Steve Smith would have gotten dropped in a dynasty league, but if he did, look for him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:40 pm

MadScott wrote:I really can't see Blaylock going anywhere in the offseason but Larry Johnson should get moved and might be worth a flier. Not sure if Steve Smith would have gotten dropped in a dynasty league, but if he did, look for him.

Agreed. They seem to hate LJ but refuse to trade him. I think they'll move him if they get a decent offer though.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ljthockey » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:11 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:
MadScott wrote:I really can't see Blaylock going anywhere in the offseason but Larry Johnson should get moved and might be worth a flier. Not sure if Steve Smith would have gotten dropped in a dynasty league, but if he did, look for him.

Agreed. They seem to hate LJ but refuse to trade him. I think they'll move him if they get a decent offer though.

I was exicted about Larry Johnson when the chiefs first drafted him but I dont understand what happened all with that. Yeah im guessing the chiefs will trade him away this offseason But Priest will be back next year so I dont see Blaylock holding any value at all.

The only problem with Domnic Rhodes is even when he is the starting back Indy is not a running team so that will hurt Doms stats.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Turnip » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:43 pm

ljthockey wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:

I was exicted about Larry Johnson when the chiefs first drafted him but I dont understand what happened all with that. Yeah im guessing the chiefs will trade him away this offseason But Priest will be back next year so I dont see Blaylock holding any value at all.

The only problem with Domnic Rhodes is even when he is the starting back Indy is not a running team so that will hurt Doms stats.

Edge was able to get his numbers though.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:50 pm

Yeah but Dominic Rhodes is no Edge
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby marksy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:26 pm

Travis Henry will be traded and will be the stud he has been in the past.

K Jones and S Jackson will begin their dominance for a few years to come.

Those are my predictions......
marksy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Yianni2112 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:45 pm

Travis Henry has a chip on his shoulder and the Bills will have to move him. He is a tough runner and will do well with a new team.

D.Foster was an excellent idea if he is on WW I would try to grab him.
Yianni2112
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Canacuna » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:15 pm

Well, The 'Cuna skipped the responses (shame on me), so I'm sure there will be plenty of repeats on this list... but just skim through and see what catches your eye.

Travis Henry - can be bought pretty low right now, but should have a starting job somewhere next year.

DeShaun Foster - he put together a stud game or two when he was the lone RB.

Steven Jackson - he should have a starting job with the Rams within a year or two.

Anthony Thomas - I think he might find himself a job...

Julius Jones - the healthy RBs on Dallas have proven to be worthless - Jones should at least have a shot at the starting job next year.

Lamont Jordan - isn't he a UFA next year? The Raiders have been rumored to be interested in him...

William Green/Lee Suggs - not on your free agent list, but someone might be sellin' 'em for cheap.

Misc. Minnesota RB - any one of Mewelde Moore/Onterrio Smith/Michael Bennett might come cheaply and may actually be worth something next year... assuming one or two are shipped outta town.

Correll Buckhalter - he's a free agent next year... he's having problems staying on the field, but I think he has some good talent and could fit in somewhere.

Marcel Shipp - yeah... yuck... but he was good in '02-'03 and had a few nice yardage games last year. If he can reclaim his job next year, he might actually be valuable.

Ricky Williams - he could come back...

As for Maurice Morris and Dominic Rhodes...

I think that Shaun Alexander is doing some great things this year and is making it really hard for ownership to dismiss him so easily. Hasselbeck will surely be around, but maybe this will be the year the 'Hawks decide they're done with Walter Jones' holdouts... I dunno. If SA is shown the door, everything I've read indicates 'ol Holmy has a man-crush on Morris... and Morris has looked good when he's gotten some carries.

Dominic Rhodes has proven himself to be very effective as the lone Colt RB - he has rushed for over a thousand yards and has had 10 TDs (or was it nine? - too lazy to double check stats) in a season when Edge was out. It sounds like Edge might be stickin' around, though (if you believe what you read).

I'd say it's a toss-up for Rhodes and Morris - they could both wind up being as worthless next year as they were this year.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to Football Talk