Whats with all the vick haters? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats with all the vick haters?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:12 pm

Vick is great, his tools are second to none. This is a scary year to count on him. He could blowup in Atlanta’s high octane offense, he could blow, becoming a victim of inexperience, or he could blow a knee because of the scrambling demanded of him. There’s the rub. I think he’ll be fantastic this year but I just can’t bring myself to take him ahead of Culpepper, Manning, McNabb, or Warner. I couldn’t fault anyone who would though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:49 am

I don't think anybody doubts Vick is one of the most exciting players in the NFL. His speed is uncanny, and he can launch it 70 yards on the run. He has serious tools.

The knock comes in his sudden rise in fantasy rankings. He was one of the most exciting players to watch last year. I owned him last year, he was a late round steal. I also benched him for Tommy Maddox because for all his running prowess, he struggled to hit 200 yards passing in most of his games. His rushing yards don't make up for that. His rushing TD's were the only salvation, as his passing TD's were hardly a regular occurence. Multi passing TD games? Yeah, right.

After a year like that, he is supposed to be a 1st or 2nd round pick? Fu@# that. Price, like some one mentioned in an older thread, is a career route running #2 WR paired with a left handed running QB. I am not gambling my franchise on either end of that hook-up.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Gatekeeper » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:09 am

love it...all great points Groundhog. Maybe you can make one of those number 4 on the previous top 10 list of reasons not to like Vick.
The keeper will never let you pass!!!
The Gatekeeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:37 am

I think Vick is incredible, I'm not trying to hate. If he and Price have the success some expect he should take a big leap forward in fantasy value. That leap would probably justify his draft status.

He was the FIRST pick overall in my one draft so far. His owner has a near unanimous vote as the worst team by league vote. That was a horrible pick for him. I wouldn't take him in the first 2 rounds. He hasn't delivered stats to warrant that selection at this point, so I would not take him.

He was not the best answer to your fantasy QB needs last year. With improvement he could be this year. Until I see it, I'm not gonna risk my money (or reputation) on an early round Vick pick.

He is a stud though. I'd love to have him on my team if I could have him in the 5th round. IMO McNabb is worthy of late first early 2nd round selection, Vick or any other QB is not. I'll take RB's or the top 3 WR. Just an opinion.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:42 am

i think vick is the best fantasy quarterback i just wudnt take him in the first round id much rather have all the stud halfbacks and even the big 3 recievers before vick
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Vick to the right

Postby FR8MVR » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:11 am

Stingy D wrote:5)Can only run 1 direction to the left.

Check out schachterGOFINS's signature... Vick looked good running to the right there. ;-)

--SD

Ok 90% of the time he runs left. That was a great run. That was the highlight clip of the year for him.
Notice in the clip his pump fake to the side line...Running right he has to turn around to throw back across the field.
"The only way to watch football is in High Definition with a cold beer in hand"
www.hdtvoice.com www.scionlife.com/?Fr8mvr
FR8MVR
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Previous

Return to Football Talk