will C-PEP find his groove?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

will C-PEP find his groove??

Moderator: Football Moderators

will C-PEP find his groove??

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:06 am

Past weeks without 84 have been devistating to C-PEP's numbers... I sure hope that M-ROB and Burleson allow for this predicted shootout to take place...
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:03 am

In a word, no.

Daunte's nothing without Moss. I've watched the Vikes every game for the past 5 years, and quite a bit before that. Ever since 98, when the Vikes got Moss he's made every QB better. Look at the stats...
Cunningham had his best season ever with Moss, Jeff George even looked awesome with Moss, Brad Johnson looked like a superstar, Todd Bouman looked awesomebacking up, Gus Frerrotte looked great last year, and of course Daunte Culpepper has been one of the best QBs in the league throwing to Moss. The only guy he wasn't able to make better was of course Spergon Winn, but he just flat out sucks. I'm not saying Daunte stinks, I think he's a great QB and for fantasy even better, when Moss is healthy. Marcus Robinson is no Moss and Burleson just doesn't cut it either. Even against the very weak Indy D I don't see Culpepper having one of his phenomenal games like he was having earlier in the season. Quite honestly, I think we'll get behind early and Daunte sucks from behind. He starts trying to force passes in and ends up throwing a pick or two. I'd predict a 3 TD-2 INT game with about 250 yards. I guess normally that'd be good but I've just come to expect a lot more from Daunte with Moss.

Hopefully that helps answer your quesiton.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:06 am

arrghh... .suggest that I play Brooks instead??
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:12 am

SheLovesFootball wrote:arrghh... .suggest that I play Brooks instead??

Actually, no. I think Daunte will have a pretty good game against the Indy D. The Chargers have been playing very well of late so I don't know how Brooks will do either. I'd expect the number I threw out to be a minimum, and I don't think he'll throw any more than 2 picks, but possibly more TDs and closer to 300 yards would probably be more realistic. I'd stick with him, just don't expect another one of his 400 yard, 5 TD performances.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:14 am

Thanks Zimm! I have Daunte teaming up with Nate to hopefully do some damage! Hope the VIKES win!!!!!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 9er Fan » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:35 pm

M_Zimm wrote:Daunte's nothing without Moss

I think it might be more accurate to say the Viking WR corps is nothing without Moss. Put Daunte on the Colts and he'd still be one of the best QBs in the NFL.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:57 pm

9er Fan wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:Daunte's nothing without Moss

I think it might be more accurate to say the Viking WR corps is nothing without Moss. Put Daunte on the Colts and he'd still be one of the best QBs in the NFL.
Yeah, that was a bit of a harsh statement, I agree. What a better statement would have been daunte's nowhere near as good without Moss, or any top WR. I'm sure Daunte would do fine throwing to Harrison, Wayne, and Stokley as well. But those guys are much better than Marcus Robinson and Nate Burleson.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:30 pm

M_Zimm wrote:The only guy he wasn't able to make better was of course Spergon Winn, but he just flat out sucks.

hey now, spergon makes a great number 3 qb for my BC Lions
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:47 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
M_Zimm wrote:The only guy he wasn't able to make better was of course Spergon Winn, but he just flat out sucks.

hey now, spergon makes a great number 3 qb for my BC Lions
Lol, maybe I overlooked that...on second thought, he just didn't have enough time to shine. :-D
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:22 pm

"Come on Daunte, we have to get your groove back..... again!"
Don't expect the ridiculous numbers from before Moss got hurt. It would be silly. But he'll still put up better numbers than most of the QBs in the league.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk