Leftwich done for season?

Postby chadschwarze2 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:52 pm

does anyone know about leftwichs injury
chadschwarze2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:16 pm

There has been a ton of posts on this forum about this same topic just browse back a page or two and you should find plent of info about the topic.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cbrowns » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:13 pm

Actually, this is a reasonable post. I went back and looked at the 'ton of posts' a couple of pages back. It was not very helpful, and a new thread could be useful. The last message on the thread stated he 'could' have surgery. I, for one, would like any new info that anyone can offer.
"60% of the time, it works all the time!"
cbrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:17 pm

We just don't know anything for sure. If he gets operated on, he's pretty much done. If he doesn't, it could be a one or two week problem.

Yahoo! player update thingy wrote:Nov 4 Conflicting information continues to pour in on the status of injured quarterback Byron Leftwich. Monday, Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said Leftwich's left knee was "sore." Tuesday, it was reported that Leftwich has a sprained lateral collateral ligament that would not require surgery. Wednesday, Leftwich was on crutches with his leg in a brace and indicated there may be damage to more than one ligament. "Believe me, it's two different injuries," he told the Florida Times Union. After ruling out other possibilities, Leftwich declined to confirm an injury to the medial collateral ligament. "You know I'm smarter than that," he said, adding that he couldn't provide further information until his knee is re-examined Monday. A source close to Leftwich told the Times Union Leftwich may only miss two weeks—or one game, with the Jags on the bye this week. Del Rio said Brett Favre played with a brace following a bye week with a similar injury.

Views: Those with Leftwich on their squad are already prepping for the bye week without him, and they may need to make that replacement plan a little more long-term than they had hoped. Del Rio freely admits he keeps injury information close to the vest, so even following the exam on Monday we may not know exactly what's going on with Leftwich. There's no questioning the toughness of a guy who finished a game on a broken leg, with his linemen carrying him down the field following completions, but the Jags need to be concerned about their future as well as winning next week against the Lions. David Garrard has been working with the first team in practice this week and would step in if Leftwich is unable to play.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:24 pm

[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk