E. George/Owens/Staley for Bettis/Rice/Tomlinson??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

E. George/Owens/Staley for Bettis/Rice/Tomlinson???

Moderator: Football Moderators

E. George/Owens/Staley for Bettis/Rice/Tomlinson???

Postby Cheeseman » Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:33 pm

Should I give up my 2nd round pick (Tomlinson) and two of my bench players to acquire two guys who would start for me in George and Owens??

Will George bounce back and stay healthy?

Will the Chargers tough schedule (mid-season) hurt L.T.??
Cheeseman

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:05 pm

Bettis is having trouble as the Steelers D gets hammered, but is still undisputed starter as well as Tomlinson. Staley is the starter but doesn't get many carries.

I think Bettis Rice Tomlinson will outscore the other side, but if you can start Owens and a healthy George instead of Tomlinson and a low-profile WR it looks fine. Could you try to get someone better than Staley?
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby thechill » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:02 pm

Staley for Bettis

Bettis doesn't look like he can carry the work load for PIT anymore. He will still get his touches, but I think the BUS is running low on gas. Staley is splitting time with Levens/Westbrook. so both fantasy numbers will go down, but at least Duce gets receptions.
Staley will have better numbers

LT for George
If the foot is okay I think George will put up better numbers than LT

Rice for Owens
you really improve here. Rice is good and will probably be the greatest receiver in NFL history, but Owens is the man now. The 49ers have started out slow, but he will get his numbers and the 49ers will get back on track.

I would do this trade only if the foot injury isn't going to hamper George all season. Sit on the trade until after this weekend and see how Eddie does. I think this would improve your team.
thechill
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk