what do u think of this team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

what do u think of this team

Moderator: Football Moderators

what do u think of this team

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:59 pm

this is my second season of fantasy football. i joined a NFL.com league and drafted today. the drafts are always 14 rounds long and SLOW!!! anyway knowing i dont think i will b using NFL.com again here is my roster, what do ya think. I am very happy with it but i could be wrong and i would like opinions on a few of my players...

i had to draft the amount of players at each position as i did:
starting lineup - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DT - 12 teams

1.02 marshall faulk (yes!!!, that just made my day)
2.11 terrell owens (heard anything about his groin injury?)
3.02 marvin harrison (i have a huge run on qbs to thank for his appearence in the third)
4.11 fred taylor (well... i have a good feeling about him... :-o )
5.02 trent green (too early for him? is he a legitamate starter? would bledsoe have been a better choice?)
6.11 william green (glad i got him as a backup to fragile freddy)
7.02 johnie morton (whats the story on this guy, i heard he should do well in KC)
8.11 bubba franks (his lack of yardage worries me)
9.02 dolphins D
10.11 packers D
11.02 todd peterson (ouch - akers was stolen right out from under my nose... havent heard anything about this todd guy)
12.11 byron chamberlein (could he be better than bubba)
13.02 tim couch
14.11 owen pochman (haha great name... who the heck is this guy??? i will drop him and get a wr off waivers ASAP. i know my two top wrs have the same bye week... %-6 )

well thats it. any answered questions or ratings would be appreciated. i love hearing what u guys have to say...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Draft Evaluation

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:06 pm

To be honest, you could have done a lot better, it seems. Faulk, Owens, Harrison are OK. (I can't believe you picked up the 2 WRs that late...) Besides that, you don't have much. Fred Taylor is injury-prone, and I think Trent Green is very overrated. Byron Chamberlain is a good TE, I have him on my team, but 4 guys can't make up an excellent team.

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:47 am

Green and Couch should be solid at QB and your WRs will be the best in the league but your second RB position is a big problem.

DEF and K shouldn't hurt you much but you better hope Green and/or Taylor have a good season.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:14 am

I actually like this team quite a bit. Your top three are huge, and Taylor and Green are a solid mix for your #2 RB slot. Trent Green and Couch will be up and down, so you may need to do some shuffling there. Your defense looks good as well. Sure, it's not a perfect team, but in a twelve-team draft, perfection isn't really a realistic goal. I think this team has a very solid foundation, and with a few good in-season tweaks, you should definitely be in the hunt.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:24 am

unfortunatly its impossible to build depth in NFL.com league since u r only allowed to draft 3 wrs, 3 rbs, 2qbs. i realized that this would be a problem after drafting taylor, but i think willie green is a solid bacup. ill admit green is not what i wanted in the fifth round, but this is my first time in a 12 team league in a while.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:31 am

i also dont really understand the faulk, owens, harrison are OK comment. Isnt the best player in football and two top 3 recievers more than OK? If faulk can carry a team, shouldnt they certainly help, especially in a 12 team league?

also with faulk as one back shouldnt taylor/green be enough, what else should i have expected to get in the 4th, 5th, 6th round?

and trent... wait, yes he sucks don't he...

dont mean to argue, im just tryin to learn... seems i may have alot too learn...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The Ethical » Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:24 pm

I think your team ended up pretty solid. You have two potential steals with Franks in the 8th and Couch in the 13th. Franks's receptions have to go up with the loss of Freeman. The two guys GB is expecting to start are inexperienced and haven't built a rapport with Favre yet.

This could finally be the year that Couch shows he's a number one pick. The Browns look to have a solid ground game this year, the lack of which has made passing next to impossible. In addition, Couch seems to finally have the mature and tools to make the plays. I would expect him to put up consistent number each week.
The Ethical
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:35 am

You must be in a league of morons to be able to land Faulk AND Owens AND Harrison.

Can't believe that anyone would let Owens and Harrison drop to #24/#25...

Anyhow, the first thing I'd do is get a better kicker, any Pittsburgh kicker (Heinz Field jinx) is a no-no.

Taylor is not a durable back, so I'd get Stacey Mack, if available. Get rid of Pochman and get Trung Canidate for peace of mind with Faulk. William Green is a rookie and is already having injury problems. Trent Green should be better than last year (I had him last year and he sucked), due to Morton coming on board and improved O-line (Willie Roaf).

Stock up on backs that will start should their incumbents go down...

May want to trade Harrison for another stud RB or a better QB, coz Dungy's O will be more conservative (JMO)... Some fish will make the trade.

Bottom line, you need more backs, a better QB and kicker.

Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:36 pm

right after this post i dropped pochman for troy brown (how did he slip thru the cracks???) owens and harrison have the same bye week so i figured having 2 reserve wrs was a good idea....

canidate and mack are both on the waiver wire. so my question is which one do i pick up, and who do i drop?

jay feely, phil dawson, bill gramatica, and kris brown are the only free agent kickers that seem to be worth anything. should i drop peterson for one of them?

im tryin to work a trade with one guy that would get me aaron brooks. i might b able to send him trent green and one of my tight ends. what do u think of that?

sorry i was late in responding...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:39 pm

morten anderson and doug brien are available too... hadnt heard of brien and dont know much about andersons story in KC.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Football Talk