Edgerrin James - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby yoda83 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:33 pm

yeah, i couldnt draft faulk, holmes or edge unless i had the 10th pick. but only b/c of the injury questions. you just cant trust the all the positive spin that comes from these franchises. and chances are if your top pick goes lame and you dont have a first round caliber player to pick up the slack (which is easier to obtain w/ an early 2nd round choice), then your season probably will go bust.

i mean, for all the talk of sleepers and weekly matchups and their importance, having that star player(s) put up points week in-week out is still the most vital component of a fantasy squad. and the place you're most likely to find that player is in the 1st (or early 2nd) round. just a very obvious trend that i started picking up on a couple of years ago.

*for the record, i still believe sleepers and weekly matchups are EXTREMELY important.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hawk022499 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:32 am

I would put Faulk and Alexander ahead of Edge. But I think Edge will perform better than Dillon and many other RBs. I have Faulk as a keeper, with most of the top 10 gone as keepers, I would use my 1st pick on him if a few other available RBs are gone (McAllister or Henry.)
Hawk022499
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk