Chris Perry's situation discussion. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Perry's situation discussion.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:46 pm

Favre.com wrote:
Ek wrote:
The_Commish wrote:Here's what will be available this offseason (at a minimum):
Ricky Williams (which takes away 1 NFL RB starting spot)
Edgerrin James
Shaun Alexander
Travis Henry
Ronnie Brown
Cadillac Williams
Cedric Benson
Anthony Thomas

To add to that info, here are the teams that could be looking for starter-calibur RBs this offseason.

Eagles (Westbrook is injury prone and they'll be looking to improve, possibly back to an RBBC :-t , following another NFC championship loss)
Cowboys
Bucs
Seahawks (assuming SA is gone, and Morris could step in)
Cardinals (Emmitt can't go another year, can he?)
49ers (unless Barlow turns it around)
Colts
Browns
Broncos (although they could just run a random fan for 1,000 yds if they have to).
Raiders
Dolphins

Add one of the Vikings RBs and Rudi to that first list and you have 10 RBs, and the second list has ten teams. However, some of those teams won't have cap room to take on a big contract, and the more than half of those teams could reasonably decide that they are ok with what they've got. All of the other starting RB positions are spoken for, and nobody's paying big $ for a backup or RBBC member. As others have mentioned, it doesn't look like a great offseason for an RB to get a big contract.

I don't agree with most of those options:

Eagles will have a healthy Westbrook and Buckhalter, they don't need a 3rd RB in there.

Cowboys have Julius Jones as the future.

Bucs will have Pittman and Garner.

Cardinals: Shipp will be the guy if Emmit leaves, I guarantee it.

49ers: Barlow is the only hope for this team, and he has talent.

Broncos: Are you kidding? They got about 3 backs that can all get 1,200 yards easily!

Browns: Allready got 2 decent backs, won't want a 3rd one.

Dolphins: They brought in Gordon to be the man, I'm pretty sure they can handle the load.

Not a chance the fins stick with Gordon. I think theyll draft a stud.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ljthockey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:52 pm

Does Cinci still have Levi Jones?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ek » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:57 am

I was trying to be as optimistic as possible in my analysis, and still it came out looking pretty bad for the FA RBs. I maintain that any of those teams would be greatly improved by adding Rudi (or most of the RBs on that list), however.
Before you take anything I say too seriously, be aware of the fact that Derrick Mason, Cadillac Williams, Reuben Droughns, Jason Witten, and Mike Bell are all on my team this year!
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Chris Perry's situation discussion.

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:26 am

Favre.com wrote:Perry was brought in as a 3rd down back who would likely replace Rudi in the future. After the contract problems and injuries Perry is finally healthy enough to play...except he is getting no touches. Whats going on? I don't see Rudi bieng resigned after this year he is not playing as a contract year player right now. Perry will likely take over full time, but in order to get him ready I think they need to give him some touches this year. Will he see touches THIS year? Will Rudi be resigned? What do you see in Perry's future?

Discuss. ;-D

Rudi Johnson is on pace for around 1300-1400 yards rushing with probably the toughest schedule in the NFL. You're trippin if you think Perry makes an impact this year.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby The_Commish » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:20 am

Lamar Gordon won't be starting for the Phins next year.....he'll be lucky to be one at all.

I didn't know Wanny posted here on the forums.

Bank on Edgerrin or a rookie back starting in Miami next year. My bet is on Edgerrin (since he stated a couple years ago, when Ricky was a Phin, that he'd love to play back in Miami (where he eats, breathes, trains).
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:52 am

ljthockey wrote:Does Cinci still have Levi Jones?

yes
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:06 pm

I am following this because I'm in a keeper league. I'm holding onto J. Jones, T. Bell, M. Moore and would even consider adding Perry if I felt that he would have a chance but I can't look away from the way that Rudi is playing. He is performing like T. Henry has over the past years. That's not a weak RB.

My toughts are that he stays put. Perry will become the next L. Johnson depends and all. He can't stay healthy and Lewis won't make the mistake of going with his gut (starting a Rookie at a key position) again.

QB: Culp.
RB: James, McAllister, Wheatley, Moore, Bell, Jone
WR: Moss, Coles, Burress, Bryant, R. William, Toomer, Stallworth
TE: Heap (killing me)
DT: Steelers
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk