a-train taking jone's job???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

a-train taking jone's job????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:09 am

As a long time Bears fans, I put my money on Jones. The Bears don't spend money on back-ups (See Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel even though Warner and Garcia were out there). Also, Jones din't do anything to lose his job and he was doing just as good (if not better ) than him before he got hurt. I just think this is proof to all the people who laughed at A-Train being a legitamate NFL RB. I thought his two 1000 yd. seasons in three years on not that good Bears' teams was enough, but I guess it takes two good games filling in to make people notice you.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomkatt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:42 pm

TJ has the job when he comes back. Much more versatile than the A-Train.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:26 pm

Id have to say a partial rbbc. on average 20 carries for TJ and 10 for a-train. thats just speculation though, we wont know until we see more.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tomas21 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:27 pm

a-train is in his free agent year and won't be back next year. once jones is 100% atrain won't be seeing the ball.
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:44 am

It does make me wonder why A-Train was essentially benched all year. He has had a raw deal in Chicago. Maybe not a number 1 RB next year but someone will snap him up in a second.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:56 pm

TJ was absolutely dominant before he got hurt, its his job when he wants it.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting