Where would you like to see Brees go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where would you like to see Brees go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where would you like to see Brees go?

Postby Ironhorse75 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:55 pm

Living 2 hours away from GB, I would love to see them actually get him if Favre retires. It would be open season with Walker and Driver.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Steve-o » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:01 pm

I have major reservations about Brees in GB. How come it took him so long to develop as a QB? Is it going to take him another 3-4 years before he learns the offense? Granted maybe some of his problems come from not having any weapons, but you have to remember he has had Tomlinson the whole time.

That being said, I think he might be the best free agent QB on the market and if Favre decides to retire GB will have almost no choice but to sign him.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where would you like to see Brees go?

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:01 pm

Ironhorse75 wrote:Living 2 hours away from GB, I would love to see them actually get him if Favre retires. It would be open season with Walker and Driver.

Yeah, I hope to see that too since I have Javon in my keeper league.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:08 pm

With the way he's playing, there are so many teams that want him. If he continues to play this way (which he probably won't), he'll have one of the bigger FA contracts this offseason. GB seems like a very logical fit for him.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby work4beerz » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:08 pm

I would think:
Washington
Chicago
Dallas
or Buffalo.
work4beerz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:10 pm

Steve-o wrote:I have major reservations about Brees in GB. How come it took him so long to develop as a QB? Is it going to take him another 3-4 years before he learns the offense? Granted maybe some of his problems come from not having any weapons, but you have to remember he has had Tomlinson the whole time.

That being said, I think he might be the best free agent QB on the market and if Favre decides to retire GB will have almost no choice but to sign him.

yes he did have LT...so what? Who were his WRs?

He had Gates last year who was still incredibly raw. He had uh...David Boston? and T. Dwight as a starter and R. Caldwell and Parker, but they are all a year older. These guys were incredibly young and inexperienced last year.

Now throw in a Pro-bowl WR in McCardell and an improved o-line and look what can happen. Is he the 2nd coming of Favre? no, but he is much better than what his previous years have shown. I doubt he can keep it up at the same pace he has been, but he is definitely worthy of starting in the NFL
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:24 pm

Talked about this last week, but oh well.

I know he won't go to Buffalo...they've got J.P. Losman waiting in the wings. He's their future QB, and he will probably start the last few games of this year just to see what he looks like during a regular season game.

GB is perfect for Brees. He loves to throw and can chuck the ball. Favre has been doing it for years, and he's had a pretty good career. They have WR's like Javon Walker and Driver that love to get those deep bombs. Depending on how long Franks keeps playing, they have a pretty good TE that has been a red zone threat for years. Plus, they have Ahman Green who can help control the game and also catch out of the backfield (not as well as LT, but he's still good).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby rustyk » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:29 pm

ive loved drew brees and have ever since he became a pro.. he loved havin 5 wide in college at purdue and is quite the accurate qb. marty didnt give him a change to show everyone what he had with the system he ran. now it isnt just the lt show anymore and they are the highest scoring team in the nfl. i wish he could stay in sd because i am a hardcare chargers fan, but i see him in gb or elsewhere next year.
rustyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lsufan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:37 pm

I hope haslet is toast and who ever takes his place goes after a good QB. If that QB is Brees so be it. Brees would be better then a college player. Brooks has no heart and should be benched.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:40 pm

work4beerz wrote:I would think:
Washington
Chicago
Dallas
or Buffalo.

Just some problems:

Washington- Ramsey, who I think has major potential, in the wings

Chicago- Grossman's deveopment has been hurt by his injury, and I don't know if you forgot about him or anything, but the guy's pretty talented, and already has a pretty good grasp of the offense

Dallas- Henson has an arm that resembles a modern age canon, and has the smarts-coming from michigan (ok, maybe a lttle homerism ;-D ) in the wings when Vinny decides that he's done

Buffalo- Losman, their first round draft choice, was injured at the early point in the season, and he eventually will be handed the starting ropes

All these teams already have a future for their teams, and Brees in my eyes is not a major long term improvement for any of those teams, especially with the contract his play as of late will demand.

GB seems to be the best choice for now. They have an offense he can be comfortable in, and he will produce pretty nice numbers with those recievers.
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk