ND ranked again!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

ND ranked again!!!!

Postby kevinoc81 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:05 am

So what comes next for my Irish?

Big win over Pitt, Bigger win over USC?

Win over Pitt, Lose to USC?

Get upset by Pitt, Get crushed by USC?

Any comments about the most loved (and hated) college football team in the nation?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:13 pm

Win over a mediocre Pitt, buldgeoning by USC.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:09 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Win over a mediocre Pitt, buldgeoning by USC.

Yep
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:20 pm

I say they get upset by Pitt, and varely lose to USC, simply because they seem to play at the level of their opponents. They will play sloppy against Pitt, then show up and play well against USC
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:32 pm

I agree with Goleafs - ND plays up or down depending on the competition.

That being said - I can see them losing both games.

The fact that Im a Mich fan and am still bitter about them beating us in week 2 has almost nothing to do with that prediction. :-]
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:34 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I agree with Goleafs - ND plays up or down depending on the competition.

The fact that Im a Mich fan and am still bitter about them beating us in week 2 has almost nothing to do with that prediction. :-]

I'm pretty bitter as well. Michigan had 2 losses last year and made it to the Rose Bowl, they only have 1 this year and are ranked 9th.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:37 pm

Walt Harris seems to come up with the big wins when he needs them so I predict the upset. I also see ND keeping it closer than expected against USC. GLG is right, they play up to their competition.

2 losses could happen but if they're going to win 1 it will be against...USC. 8-o
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:57 am

Well I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that you are all wrong.
By the way, I understand your pain Michigan fans. I was also a little bitter after your sha-lacking of ND in 2003. Still am actually. I hope that they can understand the importance of this game as it may be there last "real" chance at a win. USC just doesn't look as good as last year though.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:50 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I agree with Goleafs - ND plays up or down depending on the competition.

I'm pretty bitter as well. Michigan had 2 losses last year and made it to the Rose Bowl, they only have 1 this year and are ranked 9th.

sorry to hijack the thread slightly but...

as a UM fan, how can you feel good about this season? Our only loss came in the 2nd week of the season against ND when we were using a basically untested freshman at QB and literally didnt have a RB. What would happen if ND and UofM met this Saturday? It wouldnt even be close. Regardless - without that game in week 2 we are looking at a national championship game. Also - you seriously cant tell me that teams like Utah or Texas should be ranked higher than Michigan.

9th is an insult.

Sorry - end of rant.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:02 pm

OK Cornbread, if I may have a response:

Notre Dame beat you fair and square. What you are saying would be like me saying if we played Boston College or BYU 100 more times we'd win all of them. Probably true, we would come to play knowing they were for real and probably beat the piss out of them, but we didn't do it that time. That's what matters. I wouldn't be so quick to say you would blowout ND if they played again, especially if you believe what you posted earlier about ND playing to the level of their competition.

About 9 being an insult, this sort of thing happens all the time in College football. I don't think that UTEP (AP Poll) or Northern Illinois (Coaches Poll) are better than ND. Heck, It's almost just as insulting that Utah, Boise State, Virginia Tech are ranked higher than us, but if the two teams don't play, the only thing they base their rankings on is overall record and opponents. It's BS, but it's the nature of the beast.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to College Football