ND ranked again!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

ND ranked again!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:46 pm

of course you are right kevinoc - ND beat us fair and square that week. Im just crying over spilled milk and the loss of the national championship opportunity.

In reality, I hope ND wins outright. Since week 2 Ive been rooting for ND. Of course thats just related to the BCS SOS numbers, but the point remains. :-b

I really wish NCAAF would have a playoff system. I know that its not feasable, but it sure would be nice right about now. Wouldnt it be better to decide the national championship on the field rather than basing it on a computer formula? There is a strong chance we will have 4 undefeated teams at the end of the season - and a ranking system largly based on subjectivity (the polls) will determine which will play for a national championship. I hate the BCS. :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:13 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I really wish NCAAF would have a playoff system. I know that its not feasable, but it sure would be nice right about now. Wouldnt it be better to decide the national championship on the field rather than basing it on a computer formula? There is a strong chance we will have 4 undefeated teams at the end of the season - and a ranking system largly based on subjectivity (the polls) will determine which will play for a national championship. I hate the BCS. :-t

I agree with you 100%. I don't see why they can't simply downsize the March Madness form that Basketball uses. Bowls last from like Dec. 15th until Jan. 7th now. Can't they add like two or three weeks, make like a 32, 28, 24 team bracket and let the BCS numbers decide who gets into the tournament and where they are seeded. I think it's horrible that a very good team (Michigan, Georgia this year) can lose once and they have no chance at a national championship. That's not right. How many times have you seen a #3, 4, OR 5 seed win it all in basketball. One loss should not destroy a season.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:38 pm

I agree with you on the playoff thing although it isn't practical. I think that 32 teams is way too many, I think 8 would be a much better amount.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:45 am

kevinoc81 wrote:Heck, It's almost just as insulting that Utah, Boise State, Virginia Tech are ranked higher than us, but if the two teams don't play, the only thing they base their rankings on is overall record and opponents. It's BS, but it's the nature of the beast.

I wouldn't worry about this too much, we play Virginia and Miami coming up so we're sure to be knocked out of the rankings by the end of the year. I think next year we will actually be a top 25 team but this year we just slid in there because of the way our schedule worked out. If ND keeps winning they will move up.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:11 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:Heck, It's almost just as insulting that Utah, Boise State, Virginia Tech are ranked higher than us, but if the two teams don't play, the only thing they base their rankings on is overall record and opponents. It's BS, but it's the nature of the beast.

I wouldn't worry about this too much, we play Virginia and Miami coming up so we're sure to be knocked out of the rankings by the end of the year. I think next year we will actually be a top 25 team but this year we just slid in there because of the way our schedule worked out. If ND keeps winning they will move up.

So much for that. Great game by Palko, though.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to College Football