Martz rubs Rams the wrong way? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Martz rubs Rams the wrong way?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Martz rubs Rams the wrong way?

Postby moochman » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:40 am

Is Mike Martz wearing out his welcome in St. Louis? Yesterday in a interview with Mike Stone of 1130 WDFN in Detroit, noted fantasy football guru Paul Charchian had this to say about on that subject. “Talking with some people in the NFL that are dealing with players that have recently left the Rams. A lot of people feel that the Mike Martz influence is so bad and there is so much negativity around him, that that team is in real trouble this year. That this could be a real problem. That players do not like Mike Martz, almost to a man, and that’s going to be really difficult for this team to overcome.”
Strong words. If the Rams get off to a slow start and Warner stumbles out of the blocks, could the end of Martz’s reign be upon us? I may have to rethink my ranking of Rams players. Hey Rams fans, is this anything to be concerned about? Is the smell of revolt in the air, or is this the norm for a Martz team? How concerned are you?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:27 pm

I think this year is very important for Martz and the Rams regardless of the fact the players may not like him, though if its true all the players dislike him, then that will add pressure and success on the field becomes even more important.

Surely Warner still likes him ? :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:35 pm

Actually, Warner and Martz have issues. Remember that thing about Mrs. Warner speaking out about Martz playing Kurt injured? This is a very interesting turn, and something that should definitely be followed up on.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cliff Harris » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:52 pm

Obviously this isn't a good sign, and one I spoke of a few weeks ago. I was pretty much blasted, though, for my anti-Rams comments, so we'll just have to wait and see how the season plays out. I, for one, am staying away.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk