Alexander or Tomlinson from here on out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Alexander or Tomlinson from here on out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:03 am

I guess I'm the lone LT supporter in this thread. Not that I don't like Alexander, but I don't believe has the ability to put up 2000+ total yards like the other top RBs. He may have the edge in overall TDs scored, but I personally hate to rely on TD scoring from my RBs. TDs are a bonus that turn a decent 100-150 total yard performance into a great one.

The only drawback to Tomlinson is the limitations due to his groin injury and the emergance of Brees. But, I think with a week of rest and then matchups against KC and Oakland in weeks 11 and 12 will do a lot in determining how well Tomlinson will do for the rest of the season. I'm not one to bet against LT. I predict that as Brees comes back to Earth as the season wears on, LT keeps getting better and better leading up to that matcup vs. Indianapolis in the week 16 championship game.

If anything there is one overriding factor in my mind that says take Tomlinson over Alexander. AFC West RBs are gold.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:26 am

floydyboy wrote:I know every league scores differently, but while Alexander is a top RB stud, he isn't THE top stud. Here is how my league's top 5 breaks down:

Priest 207 pts
Tiki 205
Shaun 178
Curtis 166
LT 162 (9 games)

Shaun has had a great year but as you can see, he lags a bit behind the top 2. That being said, I don't think I would trade him for Tiki if I was offered. Of course, I would trade him for Priest.


The question was LT versus Shaun. Of course Priest is putting up better numbers than Alexander.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:24 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
floydyboy wrote:I know every league scores differently, but while Alexander is a top RB stud, he isn't THE top stud. Here is how my league's top 5 breaks down:

Priest 207 pts
Tiki 205
Shaun 178
Curtis 166
LT 162 (9 games)

Shaun has had a great year but as you can see, he lags a bit behind the top 2. That being said, I don't think I would trade him for Tiki if I was offered. Of course, I would trade him for Priest.


The question was LT versus Shaun. Of course Priest is putting up better numbers than Alexander.


but nickjumpman said he would probably take SA over Priest. hed "consider" Priest over Shaun. This guy was just proving why Priest is waay more fantasy valuable than Shaun. Read the whole thing next time
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:15 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
floydyboy wrote:I know every league scores differently, but while Alexander is a top RB stud, he isn't THE top stud. Here is how my league's top 5 breaks down:

Priest 207 pts
Tiki 205
Shaun 178
Curtis 166
LT 162 (9 games)

Shaun has had a great year but as you can see, he lags a bit behind the top 2. That being said, I don't think I would trade him for Tiki if I was offered. Of course, I would trade him for Priest.


The question was LT versus Shaun. Of course Priest is putting up better numbers than Alexander.


but nickjumpman said he would probably take SA over Priest. hed "consider" Priest over Shaun. This guy was just proving why Priest is waay more fantasy valuable than Shaun. Read the whole thing next time


I did read the whole thing and it didn't say anyone's name, so it was not directed at anyone in particular. It was in response to a thread called "Alexander or Tomlinson from here on out?"
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:40 pm

at the beginning of the year i would have said LT2, but id say undoubtedly now...ALEXANDER ;-D seattle is going back to a more basic offense which incorporates alexander quite a bit, while san diego is going to the passing game quite a bit more than in the past, which will definately make LT's work a lot easier, but will also take a number of touches from him. the groin injury is the killer...i dont think its something that will go away this year. i agree priest is the better fantasy back, but with whats going on with his knee injury, i dont even think id trade alexander for him right now. if he was healthy, sure...but alexander has a solid track record of minimal injuries, priest has had recent problems. im looking for a player who will consistently produce through the playoffs, not someone who will blow up for 5 tds one week and sit out the next.
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:42 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:at the beginning of the year i would have said LT2, but id say undoubtedly now...ALEXANDER ;-D seattle is going back to a more basic offense which incorporates alexander quite a bit, while san diego is going to the passing game quite a bit more than in the past, which will definately make LT's work a lot easier, but will also take a number of touches from him. the groin injury is the killer...i dont think its something that will go away this year. i agree priest is the better fantasy back, but with whats going on with his knee injury, i dont even think id trade alexander for him right now. if he was healthy, sure...but alexander has a solid track record of minimal injuries, priest has had recent problems. im looking for a player who will consistently produce through the playoffs, not someone who will blow up for 5 tds one week and sit out the next.


I agree with everything you say. I wouldn't trade Alexander for Priest at the moment either.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:30 pm

It's a shame with Brees having the hot hand that him and LT have yet to connect in the end zone.
Image
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1103
Joined: 19 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby goleafsgo96 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:04 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
goleafsgo96 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
floydyboy wrote:I know every league scores differently, but while Alexander is a top RB stud, he isn't THE top stud. Here is how my league's top 5 breaks down:

Priest 207 pts
Tiki 205
Shaun 178
Curtis 166
LT 162 (9 games)

Shaun has had a great year but as you can see, he lags a bit behind the top 2. That being said, I don't think I would trade him for Tiki if I was offered. Of course, I would trade him for Priest.


The question was LT versus Shaun. Of course Priest is putting up better numbers than Alexander.


but nickjumpman said he would probably take SA over Priest. hed "consider" Priest over Shaun. This guy was just proving why Priest is waay more fantasy valuable than Shaun. Read the whole thing next time


I did read the whole thing and it didn't say anyone's name, so it was not directed at anyone in particular. It was in response to a thread called "Alexander or Tomlinson from here on out?"


So you assumed this guy came in and posted random stats of Priest during a LT vs Shaun argument. Its pretty easy to tell he was responding to the Priest-Shaun comments but whatever.

On the Priest-Shaun note, here are their point totals of each week. Up to you to decide who is more consistant:

Priest: 33 13 13 24 bye 17 39 38 11
Shaun: 34 4 25 bye 21 16 6 32 28

(standard 1 per 10 yds 6 per TD)

hasnt been a week this year where Priest hasnt gotten double digit point totals. He had these knee speculations at the beginning of the year, it was a hot topic here at the FFC. Ill take Priests consistancy over anyone in the league. period.
Image
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2879
Joined: 23 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: bitter about missing the playoffs

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:12 pm

alexander barely played in week 2 due to his knee injury in week 1...it will even up a bit with priest out this week
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Postby nickjumpman » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:09 pm

There is not a single person in the league that I would trade Alexander for currently. I think he will end up being the fantasy MVP at the end of the season. He is not the type of guy who is just blowing up right now. He has been doing this for 4 years now. Stick to the script.
nickjumpman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 105
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:33 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact