Bengals/Cowboys - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals/Cowboys

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals/Cowboys

Postby DUKE » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:38 pm

I was at the game. This team can look great at times and horrible on others. We definitely seem much tougher to beat when we are at home. I was downtown Cincy all day and night. After the game I went to a concert, so the day was literally a marathon for me :*) . When I finally got home, I got online and discovered that Chad was throwing a bit of a tantrum on the sidelines. I didn't see it while at the game. I don't like hearing about that; especially when the team is winning. Hopefully the incident is isolated and doesn't become a habit of his. A major bright spot is the play of rookie Robert Geathers. That guy was HUGE in the game. One sack, one forced fumble, one pass deflection, and a forced intentional grounding. Madieu continues to be a stud. This team is very young, but there is a ton of upside when experience starts catching up. Palmer managed the game well. Our DB's have been getting their share of int's. I believe I heard that they have more (as a unit) than any team in the league. Here's a funny picture from the game:
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:27 pm

lol, nice pic ;-D

Yeah, CJ was a big baby during this game. He whined and pouted and sat by himself. Marvin Lewis on several occassions had to go console him. It was a sad sight. The commentators were also saying that CJ was pouting after a practice this week too b/c he wasnt getting the ball. After one play when Palmer threw it short to CJ, CJ basically got up and threw a hissy fit aimed towards Carson, which I find to be total BS since CJ has more than his fair share of drops this year. I wish Carson would just go up to CJ and get in his face, and show that he is the leader and wont take that shit.

CJ may be a bomb ready to go off, I really hope we dont have another Dillon on our hands here ;-7

As for the game, I was very pleased w/ how we looked. Our D is starting to come around and we are making some big plays. The O seemed to be more on the same page even w/ CJ's attitude, I just wish we could punch it in the endzone more instead of settling for FGs. But hey, a wins a win and it looks like we get better every week (that we have a home game :-o )
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:21 pm

Here is a blurb on CJ from fanball

We realize telling you that Cincinnati Bengals' wide receiver Chad Johnson had a melt down on the sidelines is akin to saying that Dan Rather was disappointed in the presidential election results—it's not exactly a surprise. Even so, it's newsworthy still because of the context in which it happened. The Bengals' offense was sputtering for most of the game, but even so, at the time of Johnson's sideline histrionics, Cincinnati was leading 19-3. After hauling in just two passes for 19 yards through roughly the first three quarters, he started pouting on the sidelines. Not so coincidentally, quarterback Carson Palmer found C.J. on the team's next offensive play. For good measure, he called Johnson's number twice more in the same drive before the offense stalled deep in Dallas Cowboys' territory. Upon returning to the Bengals' sidelines, Johnson—unbelievably—started pouting once again. This time, however, head coach Marvin Lewis stepped in and told his enigmatic wideout to cool it. Good for you, Marv. That's the way to handle the situation. Truth be told, we have to believe that Lewis probably threw in a few colorful adjectives to get Johnson to eventually comply with the request, but it was a great example of a coach exerting control over a selfish player. Many times in the past, people have compared Johnson to Terrell Owens. Those comparisons, more often than not, haven't been for the similarity of his play with T.O., but rather for his lack of mental stability, like T.O. Amazingly, 250 miles to the northeast of Cincinnati, Owens was seen griping on the Eagles' sidelines to quarterback Donovan McNabb as the Steelers were taking Philadelphia to the woodshed. Frankly, these frequent sideline rants from wide receivers are as ridiculous as Minnesota Timberwolves' forward Latrell Sprewell complaining about the hardships of feeding his family on his measly $14.6 million dollar salary. Grow up, guys.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Cincinnati Bengals