Well I traded Randy. What is his worth in your leagues? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Well I traded Randy. What is his worth in your leagues?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Well I traded Randy. What is his worth in your leagues?

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:00 pm

Traded Randy and Toomer for Chad Johnson and Roy Williams. This is a ten team keeper league. We get to keep two guys per team so this ends up being a nice move for him. Hes in dead last with no chance for the playoffs so he took it.

My wideouts went from randy, hines, morton, bennett to hines, chad, roy, morton, bennett. My team is in third with a legit chance of winning it all, so i had to pull the trigger. I think I did the best I could, but losing randy in the future is hard to take.

I know his value is much worse in non-keeper leagues so, im curious if he is moving in any of your leagues or if hes in involved in serious trade talks?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stugots » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:07 pm

I just offered him along with T.J. Duckett and Brad Hoover for T.O., Eric Johnson, and Drew Brees.

Doubt it will fly, but worth a shot.
stugots
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stugots » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:05 pm

Also offered another owner Moss, Carr, and Hoover for Burress, Vick, and D. Graham.

Will update if it goes.
stugots
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:18 pm

To the miner: Id say you lost that deal bigtime, but i guess its a wait and see thing.
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:20 pm

Randy Moss' value in a keeper league is priceless. Granted I'm 7-1, so I don't have to sweat his absence as much this season, but you can't trade away a guy that would be a superstar for you for the next half decade. The only person I'd consider trading him for 1 on 1 is Tomlinson, because of his immense value in a keeper league.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FltMech » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:26 pm

Sory bro, I wouldnt have done that deal. I have Moss and I was offered Chad Johnson and Roy Williams for Just Moss alone today, I couldnt bring myself to do it and I'm not in a keeper league. I am fighting for a playoff spot but even if Moss misses 1 more game I can deal with it. The upside is just too great when he comes back.
FltMech
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:55 pm

Even though I never asked if you people would do it or not, i guess i have to defend myself. Someone tell me a wideout that has been productive after it was discovered he had a partially torn hammy halfway through the year?

I agree that long term i am not going to win this trade, but im doing everything i can to win it all this year. two years ago i missed the playoffs and was the high scorer in our league. this year im a lock to get into the playoffs, since i took this guys two top recievers, i play him this week. if i sit on randy im not going to the playoffs. my theory is nothings a lock, so if you get your chance to get to the playoffs you gotta go for it, especially with the competitive league im in.

So now im starting hines, chad and roy. Compared to hines, bennett and morton. and starting a 50% randy, hines and bennett isnt an option. some of you will disagree, but this is my logic.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:56 pm

FltMech wrote:Sory bro, I wouldnt have done that deal. I have Moss and I was offered Chad Johnson and Roy Williams for Just Moss alone today, I couldnt bring myself to do it and I'm not in a keeper league. I am fighting for a playoff spot but even if Moss misses 1 more game I can deal with it. The upside is just too great when he comes back.

btw: i think youre insane to turn that down.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:58 pm

damn i gotta get a new sig. :,-(
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby forcestealer » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:22 pm

i personally would have kept randy, but i can see why you made the trade in a keeper league. roy williams stock will go up over the next 2-3 years and johnson should be solid. they should be a strong duo reciever combination after this year. i do worry about chad johnson ball dropping problem though. then again TO has the same problem but is still top 3 reciever
forcestealer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk