What will it take to trade for Brady? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What will it take to trade for Brady?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What will it take to trade for Brady?

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:02 pm

I am in a 12 team league, and here is my roster.
STARTERS
Johnson, Brad TB
Williams, Ricky MIA
Faulk, Marshall STL
Johnson, Keyshawn TB
Moulds, Eric BUF
Johnson, Eric SF
Feely, Jay ATL
Patriots NE

BACKUPS
Griese, Brian DEN
Bettis, Jerome PIT
Barlow, Kevan SF
Conway, Curtis SD
Johnson, Kevin CLE
Ward, Hines PIT

Brady is a #2 QB in a league where you only have to start one guy at Q. I want to make a trade for him because my current QB's have been killing me. Who could I trade? I want to keep Faulk and Williams, but everyone else is on the table. Also, what other trades should/could I make?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:35 pm

This could be a risk,but this is what I would do:Trade Keyshawn Johnson and Brad Johnson for Brady.Between Ward,Johnson,and Conway they will make your #2 receiver.
n_tremain23

Postby joe_montana » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:34 pm

I'll see if I can.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Chicago » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:55 pm

It'd be hard to give away Brady. Unless you have a hot sister you can hook the guy up with, it all comes down to his team's needs. If he needed a QB, you'd might trade R. Williams for a mediocre back and then Johnson for Brady. If you want Brady, you'll have to give equal, and sometimes even more.
Chicago
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kashikis » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:17 pm

id say throw in keyshawn and a QB as well i dont think key will do all that good this year
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joe_montana » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:14 pm

The guy has Farve too, and you only need to start one QB so he has been sitting on the dudes bench the first 2 games. I sent him a message saying he could pick 2 from Brad Johnson, Keyshawn Johnson, Griese, Hinez Ward, Kevin Johnson, Bettis, Barlow, or Curtis Conway. I think any two of these guys more than makes up for loosing a hot backup QB. Do you think he will do this?
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homefront Security » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:37 pm

I don't know the strategy of this guy you are trying to make a trade with, but I personally would start Brady most weeks over Favre. Brady's hot, Favre isn't. Now that I've said that, I think Favre makes one of the best fantasy plays of all this week. He is playing the sorry Detroit defense, and with Ahman Green's injury he could be in for a HUGE day.
Homefront Security
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Homefront Security » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:46 pm

Oops...hit the button too quickly. Anyway, my point of the last message is that maybe you should see which QB he wants more, and make an offer on the other one. They're both very good quarterbacks, and you might not need to give up as much if you take the one he doesn't want as badly. If he wants to stick with Favre (which I think is a mistake in the long term) then ask him what he wants for Brady and try to negotiate a deal that would benefit both of you. And vice-versa if he wants to stick with Brady. Both Brady and Favre will produce much better numbers than either QB you currently have on your roster.
Homefront Security
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:34 pm

Hey HomeSec... Now that you've registered, you can go back and edit your posts, so if you hit the button too soon... Not a problem, just go back and edit your post and continue where you left off!

8-o

Heh... Editing also comes in handy when you find misspellings and grammatical errors...

;-D
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joe_montana » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:55 pm

Thanks Homefront, and it is good to see you finally registered. Here is a question then, we have a message board, which is where I offered the before mentioned players, but it feels like I am talking to myself there. How can I get this guys attention, becuase I would love to make this trade before sunday. What can I do.
joe_montana
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk