Priest Holmes -- Reading Comprehension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest Holmes -- Reading Comprehension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest Holmes -- Reading Comprehension

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:54 pm

Nov 8 With the Chiefs fighting for their playoff lives and needing a fourth-quarter score on Sunday, touchdown machine Priest Holmes was on the sideline with a right knee injury. The injury is believed to be a right knee contusion, caused by a direct hit to the knee, and reportedly does involve any twisting or tearing of the ligaments. "The best thing to do was to wait, sit out the rest of the game, and then get a brace put on it and see how I do in terms of it tightening up over the next couple of days," he told the Kansas City Star. He also told the team's official website: "It will be better. It's just a matter of it tightening back up. It will take about five to six days. Whether I play with a brace next Sunday will be determined at the end of this weekend. Usually these types of injuries take anywhere from one to two weeks to tighten up when you are out of the brace."

Views: It sounds like Holmes is going to spend most of this week sitting out of practice and letting the injury heal. With the Chiefs now facing a must-win situation every week, it would be difficult to imagine Holmes sitting next week out if there's no risk of further injury, but fantasy owners should prepare at this point as if Holmes will not play. Making this a bit more difficult is the fact that primary backup Derrick Blaylock also was unavailable because of a quad injury, leaving Larry Johnson to total 59 yards on 10 carries and four catches. We suggest that Holmes' owners pick up both handcuffs and see what happens this week in practice, especially because the Saints' NFL-worst defense is on tap in week 10.

Yahoo Link

Does it seem to you like they've accidentally left out the word "not" from the bolded text?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fern » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:57 pm

yep, on NFL.com they have the same stuff but says does NOT involve. Looks like a mistake to me.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:05 pm

Fern wrote:yep, on NFL.com they have the same stuff but says does NOT involve. Looks like a mistake to me.

rotoworld.com is reporting a sprained MCL.

I think the upshot is that we will not know anything about his status for the game until about 15 minutes ahead of game-time.
ah well.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk