Quincy Carter? Has he got what it takes?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Quincy Carter? Has he got what it takes??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Quincy Carter? Has he got what it takes??

Postby flexnsa » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:17 pm

After leading the Cowboys to the playoffs last season, will Q be able to step up in the absence of Pennington and put up equal if not better numbers in NY? He has the talent, no doubt.. but is he worth a starting spot is the big question fantasy owners needing a QB such as myself are asking?
flexnsa
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby husker_fanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:29 pm

i think we will have to wait to see the 1st game to see how well he is with the system. my backup is big ben so i think ill keep ahold of him. .....or is my backup favre? (cant decide)
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ljthockey » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:41 pm

Really Penny didnt put up that good of fantasy numbers so I dont see how a back up in that same system will do so much better.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby tomkatt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:44 pm

I think DR. QUINCY has a better shot to put up decent numbers than Quincy Carter does. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby husker_fanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:46 pm

and dr quincy is who?
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:48 pm

I think he will put up some "decent" numbers. He has 2 very good WRs(he just needs to throw to them, unlike Penny) and he has a formidable ground game with C-Mart so that will take off pressure from opposition blitzes. Again, I am not saying he will be the next Manning or C-Pepp but I think he has a chance to put up Penny-like numbers b/c of the system and players surounding him ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:07 pm

Well I hope he can fill in for Penny because I have Mr. Pennington and now I had to go get Carter. I'm trying to console myself by pretending that QC's scrambling ability will translate into big points. Just don't remind me about the whole "unpredictable, unreliable" problem he has that got him shipped out of Big D. And to premiere vs Baltimore... groan. :*)
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Challie » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:11 pm

Wishful thinking on my part (saddled with S.Moss in my biggest money league) ... but like him to just toss it Moss' direction. Lot of times new QBs rely on the stud WR. We'll see. Agreed that the Ravens is a tough place to start.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby latraffic » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:40 am

Honestly, I think this switch to QC has the most upside for you Santana Moss owners. From the few bad Dallas games I watched with Carter under center, he did have one highlight and that was the arm and desire to chuck the rock deep. If S. Moss can get behind the Baltimore coverage, should equal some great stats. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:42 am

latraffic wrote:Honestly, I think this switch to QC has the most upside for you Santana Moss owners. From the few bad Dallas games I watched with Carter under center, he did have one highlight and that was the arm and desire to chuck the rock deep. If S. Moss can get behind the Baltimore coverage, should equal some great stats. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

I agree with this assessment.

Penny rarely looks deep while Quincy does so quite often.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk