The All-Bust Team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The All-Bust Team

Moderator: Football Moderators

The All-Bust Team

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:01 pm

Ah yes, those early round failures. Guys that were talked up, guys we thought were "proven" and marginal fillers that have been anything but.

QB- Steve McNair Yes he has been injured, but in the games he has played he has sucked.
RB- Kevan Barlow so much for being the whole offense.
RB- Travis Henry we were all skeptical of mcgahee, but many thought rbbc, not the damn bench
WR- Chad Johnson damn you carson palmer!
WR- Santana Moss yes he had a good week, but that doesnt erase the revious 7 games.
TE- Jeremy Shockey try backing up your talk by making some plays
K- Mike Vanderjagt ya the XP's are there, but this guy has not performed as well as his draft position would indicate
DEF- Have to give it to my patriots, they havent played bad, but definately not the top defense in the league

feel free to suggest changes, and if you convince me Ill edit this
Last edited by portisfan24 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby husker_fanatic » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:11 pm

TRAVIS HENRY INSTEAD OF BARLOW FOR SURE!!
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:15 pm

I would also remove Chad Johnson from the one WR spot and insert L. Coles or Porter. Neither has done anything to equal their preseason expectations...
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:15 pm

husker_fanatic wrote:TRAVIS HENRY INSTEAD OF BARLOW FOR SURE!!

ah good call.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The All-Bust Team

Postby The_Commish » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:16 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Ah yes, those early round failures. Guys that were talked up, guys we thought were "proven" and marginal fillers that have been anything but.

QB- Steve McNair Yes he has been injured, but in the games he has played he has sucked.
RB- Kevan Barlow so much for being the whole offense.
WR- Chad Johnson damn you carson palmer!
WR- Santana Moss yes he had a good week, but that doesnt erase the revious 7 games.
TE- Jeremy Shockey try backing up your talk by making some plays
K- Mike Vanderjagt ya the XP's are there, but this guy has not performed as well as his draft position would indicate
DEF- Have to give it to my patriots, they havent played bad, but definately not the top defense in the league

feel free to suggest changes, and if you convince me Ill edit this

Barlow hasn't been as bad as Henry. I don't think several "elite" backs have been much better than Kevan personally.

I'm not complaining about Shockey myself. Sure Gates is having a fine season, but Shockey is still an upper level TE. I'd put KW2 here as you got nothing from him.

Not ready to put the likes of S.Moss/Johnson here yet. I'd put Price here before either because I don't like his chances of improving much from here on out.

McNair's a fine choice with me. Don't really care about Kickers or Team Defenses though ;-D
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby roninmedia » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:27 pm

Based on draft position versus performance. Yes, I know some of these guys are injured or in the case of Ricky, retired, but they are still busts to owners who drafted them high.

1st Team All-Bust

QB: Steve McNair
RB: Ricky Williams (I mean seriously)
RB: Travis Henry
WR: Coles
WR: Jerry Porter
TE: Todd Heap
K: John Kasay
DEF: Kansas City Chiefs

2nd Team All-Bust
QB: Aaron Brooks
RB: Kevan Barlow
RB: Rudi Johnson
WR: Chad Johnson
WR: Steve Smith
TE: Shockey
K: Mike Vanderjagt
DEF: Carolina Panthers

Honorable mentions: Stephen Davis, Donte Stallworth, Mike Vick, J. Jones, K. Jones, P. Warrick, TJ Duckett, B. Franks, M. Stover, Marshall Faulk, M. Pollard, Tennessee
Last edited by roninmedia on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Another WR

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:36 pm

Add Stallworth to the lineup ...

Even though I didn't draft him, I've been horrified by his performance this year. I'm sure Brooks deserves a lot of the blame, but Stallworth promised to be pretty damned good this year but he's only had one good game--and that came against the hapless 49ers.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Ramrock » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:42 pm

Steven Davis what a waste of a second round draft pick
Kevin Jones what a waste of a fourth round
draft pick
Ramrock
Ramrock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:50 pm

Roninmedia,
Why do you have Steve Smith on the 2nd Team All-Busts, I mean sure he's not playing or putting up good numbers. But it's because he got injured in the first game and is out for the season, so you decided to add him in. All-Bust would be guys how actually have a chance to play and don't perform at a top level as expected. Another one did you forget Steve McNair has had a brused sternom. How about Chad Pennington, a guy who hasn't lived up to the hype or even Carson Palmer would be more exectable them both McNair and Brooks. Someother guys would be even Michael Vick or Mark Brunell. Todd Heap is injured and played like 2 or 3 weeks at most and you're calling him a bust, he had 113 yards in those 2 or 3 weeks. Did you forget Boo Williams, he's got 195 yards receiving and 2 TDs in 8 weeks. Shockey has almost 400 yard receiving and 3 TDs and remember he battled injures earlier this year. At 1st Team All-Bust Running Back you hit it dead on. 2nd Team minus Rudi and you did well. How about Brian Westbrook in a TD heavy league, Westbrook has only 1 TD this year. At Wide Receiver did anybody forget Amani Toomer who doesn't even have 1 TD. And why wasn't Santana Moss present on either of the list's. He was among the Top 10 in Wide Receivers being drafted and is arguably the most unconsistant Wide Receiver playing right now. He had about 1/3 of his 447 yards receiving yesterday against the Bills. At kicker you hit it on the head, Vanderjagt and Kasay earned there spot on the All-Bust Team, by being the least productive kickers in the top level. At Defense who else could be number 1 besides the Kansas City Chiefs, but what we forget is they were ranked in the 20's unlike a just as poor defense fantasy wise in the Cowgirls. Both just as unproductive, just ranked differentally. You have to remember that the Panther lost All-Pro DT Kris Jenkins for the season, that has most definintly slowed down the pass rush and run defense.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:51 pm

I would take Chad Johnson off. I think he is still on pace for about 1200 yards. You had to expect him to have a somewhat tough year with Palmer filling in the QB spot. Also, the unexpected loss of Warrick is a killer, which means teams can throw the kitchen sink at him, considering they now have no #2 receiver.
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Next

Return to Football Talk