Hypothetical Yahoo Scoring Question. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hypothetical Yahoo Scoring Question.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Poker Fiend » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:53 am

I wasn't aware of the "other stats" scoring on Yahoo until a few weeks ago, and just recently picked up Azumah for his dual role as a return man. McGee is owned by the top team in the league, but does anyone know other quality cornerbacks who also handle return duties?
Poker Fiend
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:22 am

Poker Fiend wrote:I wasn't aware of the "other stats" scoring on Yahoo until a few weeks ago, and just recently picked up Azumah for his dual role as a return man. McGee is owned by the top team in the league, but does anyone know other quality cornerbacks who also handle return duties?

Certainly. I'm on fire in my return yards league since I got the jump on many of these guys:
A. Rossum (Atl - DB)
T. Cox (TB - DB)
T. McGee (Buf - DB)
J. Azumah (Chi - DB)
J. ReedD (Phi - DB)
R. Colclough (Pit - DB)
M. Waddell (Ten - DB)
R. McQuarters (Chi - DB)
N. Clements (Buf - DB)
P. Buchanon (Oak - DB) - Maybe just punts now. And not real well yesterday
R. Alexander (Den - DB) - Good yards last week - none yesterday
R. Hood (Phi - DB) - Only while Reed is out?

One to watch - Frazier in Dallas - Hasn't been added to Yahoo even though he's been returning for three weeks already
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby LBJackal » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:50 am

Yeah if your league doesn't have IDP then you won't get credit for anything a player does while his team is on defense.

Also, Deion should count as a WR and DB. He's played both positions, why not qualify there? Is there a games played, or downs played requirement, like there is in baseball?
"This country was built on immigrants. We need them. Without them, who would train our tigers and kick our extra points?"

-Homer Simpson
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:22 am

any ideas as to which of these guys take MOST of the returns? For example, Colclough take them very infrequently- Randel El gets most of the touches.

edit: and as for the actual question, jigglers has it right- in my Yahoo league, which starts IDP, you get points for whatever they do that scores in your league, independent of position. For instance, I got a few points by starting Warren Sapp as an IDP last year when he was catching TDs as a TE. And last night, the guy who had Culpepper got credited with 1/2 a point for making a tackle.
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:33 am

Returns is a very fluid position on the depth charts. There is little media discussion about it and little rhyme or reason as to what's happening on specific teams. Stats don't show bobbles and mis-played balls which can sink a guy quick in a coach's eyes. See: LaMont Brightful. He was a league leader in yardage when he got cut.
Some coaches don't want starting RB's, DB's or WR's on special teams. Some do.
Here's a good source of stats:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStats?div=NFL&stable=returning&stat=retKick&stype=nfl-player-stats-kickoff-returning&dir=descending

But, you really have to be committed to reviewing boxes and reading deep into team notes if you want to stay on top of it. It can be maddening, but rewarding.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk