TICE IS MOST RETARDED COACH IN NFL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

TICE IS MOST RETARDED COACH IN NFL

Moderator: Football Moderators

TICE IS MOST RETARDED COACH IN NFL

Postby drinklime » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:00 am

OH MY GOD. Someone get him a book on time management. I cant believe he let the colts waste all that time at the end. just let them score its not rocket science... well it probably is to him.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ironhorse75 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:07 am

If it's one thing I hate most about the NFL and NBA it's when the game is cheapened down to running the clock and forcing fouls.

I know it's an integral part of winning, and wins are what the team owners want, but I just feel like the heart of the sport is missing during those moments.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:08 am

Just let them score? Since Edge was stupid and ran out of bounds, they had them. IF they could have sacked Manning on the play where he threw it lefty to Edge, they would have held them to a FG and gotten the ball back.

Can't blame Tice for that. But I do agree with the time management in the first half. They didn't even get a shot at the endzone.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevster1 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:13 am

I agree. He could have let Edge score a Td, and had over 90 seconds to score on the worst defense in the league. He decided to let Vandergagt kick a chip shot that he usually misses about once every 10 years or so. I thought he was an idiot 3 years ago when he decideded to announce Moss was going to get the ball 70% of the time. He is a very bad coach with alot of talent on his team. He should have been fired last year when he let Arizona knock him out of the playoffs.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:22 am

kevster1 wrote:I agree. He could have let Edge score a Td, and had over 90 seconds to score on the worst defense in the league. He decided to let Vandergagt kick a chip shot that he usually misses about once every 10 years or so. I thought he was an idiot 3 years ago when he decideded to announce Moss was going to get the ball 70% of the time. He is a very bad coach with alot of talent on his team. He should have been fired last year when he let Arizona knock him out of the playoffs.

actually the randy ratio called for about 40 percent. It takes a lo of guts to just let a team waltz in. suppose james was smart and just ran it down to the 1 and kneeled. They could have kneeled 3 times and had another easy field goal. you just dont know what is going to happen, which is why you want to keep the other team off the board as long as possible.
I agree with the first half management though, it was terrible
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vikings4Life » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:29 am

I am the biggest Vikings fan you will see. I hate Mike Tice with the fire of a thousand burning suns. That bastard wastes timeouts like it's his job. He runs a million times when facing a ridiculously terrible secondary, he is without a doubt the worst coach in the NFL. I'll elaborate more when I'm not drunk....haha.
Vikings4Life
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:03 am

Vikings4Life wrote: I hate Mike Tice with the fire of a thousand burning suns.

wow, thats quite a bit of hate ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JrcWy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:11 am

We can't just go throwing "worst coach in the NFL" around like this guys. He did move up on the list tonight. Not because of his clock management, but because Dave Wandstat was inally run out of Miami. But we still have Mike Martz, Shotty(though things are finally looking up in SD), Butch Davis, Norv Turner(who is now spreading the Wanny failure in Oakland), and Haslett.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:52 am

I'd throw Dennis Erickson in there for fun, he's pretty bad.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:43 am

Holmgren's playcalling is pretty stupid at certain times of the game, especially the final 2 minutes, maybe he still thinks he has Favre at QB.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting