The real deal in Tampa - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The real deal in Tampa

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:44 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote: That's like me bragging about the 49ers 1st period on Sunday!

period??are you talking about football?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:53 pm

you should go back and read your post again at what i wrote bro :-° ....and i predicted this game in the weekly upsets pick in this forum...anyways...tampa is better than earlier in the year by far, and they might even be able to sqeak in a trip to the playoffs, but they are by no means a great team right now. brooks and barber have really been the only players on defense to perform this year, a huge dropoff from 2 years ago when rice, sapp, barber, lynch, brooks, abraham and kelly dominated. i love seeing tampa win, but you cant blame people for thinking they couldnt shut priest down...they just arent the same team as they used to be...and priest...is priest. i love seeing guys stand behind their team...keep the faith bro ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The real deal in Tampa

Postby ljthockey » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:28 pm

I would first like to point out that Tampas win was a fluke yes they did good scoring but who cant score on us. 3 factors on who you got extremely lucky.

A. Kennison being caught by Dwight Smith? I think and fumbling inside the 15 wow

B. Holmes getting hurt which made the chiefs offense one dimensonal although I like Larry Johnson he just cant get it done like priest

C. What the hell was that INT Green threw in the Tampa endzone no one even around they say he was hit and it was misdirected but the replay wasnt to strong on supporting that idea.

Im not saying Tampa played bad or is bad but the chiefs clearly should of won that game.

By if beating a 3-4 team is the real deal in Tampa i feel sorry for those fans
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:55 pm

ljthockey wrote:B. Holmes getting hurt which made the chiefs offense one dimensonal although I like Larry Johnson he just cant get it done like priest

While this may be (and is) true, its not like he's been given many chances...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ljthockey » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:00 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
ljthockey wrote:B. Holmes getting hurt which made the chiefs offense one dimensonal although I like Larry Johnson he just cant get it done like priest

While this may be (and is) true, its not like he's been given many chances...

Who Larry Johnson? If that is what your talking about I agree that he should get more playing time I think he should be the running back of the future in KC altough it looks as if there going with Blaylock. But when you wtch LJ play he makes all the inexpirenced mistakes and gets tackled in the 4th quarter where as Holmes would of broke most of those talkes and made the right descions. I think L J had 11 carries for 21 yards which isnt to good although he did look good recieving out of the backfield.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:06 pm

yes, I was talking about LJ. And I agree that he had a crappy game. But he had only 20 carries last year (for 85 yards... not bad). This year, he has had 11 attempts for 40 yards... so after 2 years of almost no football, he is bound to be a little rusty. And I agree with you that LJ is the RB of the future in KC... and as much as I hate to say it, Priest isn't getting any younger... (he's 31... close to "that time...")

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bucswinitall » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:01 pm

Let's just admit that Tampa looked pretty damn good on Sunday. Yes I'm a homer, but any time Tampa scores that many points it can be considered remarkable. I'll take a little less potential on D for a better Offense.

To the poster about Gruden taking Dungy's team, that is simply just wrong. Gruden brough in Pittman, KMac, and a handful of others and did what Dungy never could; beat Philly and win the big game.

Also, Pittman was suspended the 1st 4 games and couldn't play.

Regardless, sad but true, Tampa still has a shot to get in the playoff hunt because the Saints and Kitties are sucking so bad.
bucswinitall
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk