Thomas Jones/A Train news... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thomas Jones/A Train news...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thomas Jones/A Train news...

Postby bryan1327 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:12 pm

Got this off of CBS Sportsline..

Thomas Jones, RB CHI

News: The Chicago Sun-Times reports Thomas Jones will be the starting running back when he returns from a sprained left big toe. However, Anthony Thomas will be a bigger part of the offense than he had been when that happens.

Analysis: This could become a committee situation, which would hurt the value of both Jones and Thomas down the road.

But the thing that has me is "When he returns..."..Not true time table...So is A-Train this week?...Or is Jones back?...If any one else has any info...tell it here please...

Thanks..
"I am a shining example of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:14 pm

How could this hurt the value of ATrain?

He had zero value when Jones was starting.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wizbang » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:31 pm

Anything that gets that offense moving is good news for Thomas Jones. His value will be higher with Krenzel and losing carries to AT than it was prior to this injury with Quinn.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby manzan » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:33 pm

I don't think you can take what those people write too seriously. They said that it would be a commitee when Dom Davis returned too....and Wells had what, one carry last week?
manzan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby tomas21 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 pm

the person who said that was terry shea, who isn't always on the same page with lovie smith for some reason, and has lost some credibility with other coaches and the gm in chicago for his ardent preseason backing of quinn who was a colossal failure.
thomas is a free agent after this season, and the bears have no interest in signing him, nor does he have interest in staying. my judgement might be colored by the fact that jones is on my roster, but i can't imagine why they'd give train many carries.
tomas21
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:34 pm

wizbang wrote:Anything that gets that offense moving is good news for Thomas Jones. His value will be higher with Krenzel and losing carries to AT than it was prior to this injury with Quinn.

I don't see any scenario where Thomas Jones GAINS value from sharing carries with A-Train. You're outthinking yourself here.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby JimmyChoi » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:53 pm

Day by day...Jones is the future back...no doubt...but as long as A-train keeps putting up points in Jone's absence... I dont' care..
JimmyChoi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby daroq04 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:11 pm

bottom line is that they STILL brought Thomas Jones in to replace A Train when TJ never rushed for 1000 yds ever and Atrain having done so twice. Showing how high they are on TJ over Atrain . I think TJ will be undisputed starter unless he shows lingerin effects of his injuries.
daroq04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hu1n » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:40 pm

From Rotoworld...

Anthony Thomas looks likely to lose his starting running back gig this week.
Thomas Jones could practice by Wednesday. Coach Lovie Smith said Thomas will have a bigger part of the offense now, but it wouldn't be fantasy-worth if Jones is healthy. Nov. 9 - 9:31 am et
hu1n
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wizbang » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:59 pm

I don't see any scenario where Thomas Jones GAINS value from sharing carries with A-Train. You're outthinking yourself here.

Realtive to when Quinn was in the game? TJs stats for those games were flat out horrible. Fantasy wise he was one of the worst starting RBs in the league. With Krenzel in the game that should improve even if he loses carries to AT. In fact, his number of carries when he was not losing carries was pretty pathetic because the offense wasn't gaining ground. I do agree that his value will be lower than it was with Grossman early in the year when the offense was moving AND he was getting all the touches. His three weeks with Quinn will not be hard to beat.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk