return's the game (answered) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Trivia Time Trial

return's the game (answered)

Moderator: Football Trivia Mods

Postby Scotsman88 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:50 pm

I said think farther back, as in Deion never did it, I would of said it was correct then!
Scotsman88
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mtuhusky » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:00 am

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.php?subsection=player_bio&player_id=0000000403

(with Dallas) Named to his seventh Pro Bowl as cornerback and kick returner, despite missing the final month of season with a left toe injury suffered in game 10 at Ari. (11/15)...Marked the second time he was selected to Pro Bowl at both positions (1992)...Named the NFL Special Teams Player of the Year by the NFL Alumni Association for his electrifying performance as a punt returner...Led the NFL with a 15.6 punt return average, including six 30-yard returns and two touchdowns...Posted five interceptions while playing in 11 games...Also caught seven passes for 100 yards...Touched the ball 48 times and gained 685 yards (14.3 avg.)...Returned from his toe injury to play in Cowboys Wild Card playoff loss vs. Ari. (1/2/99), and registered three tackles and a 41-yard punt return to set up Dallas’ only touchdown…Had a 69-yard punt return for a touchdown and a fourth quarter interception on Monday Night Football in game eight at Phi. (11/2)…Had a 59-yard punt return for a touchdown in game three at NYG (9/21)…He left the Giants’ game game due to dehydration in the first quarter only to return in third to catch a 55-yard pass… In the fourth quarter, he returned an interception 71 yards for a score, the only game in Sanders’ career that he scored two touchdowns, and became only the fourth NFL player since 1933 (first since ‘66) to have a punt and interception return for a touchdown in the same game ...His 100 punt return yards (on five returns) was a career-high.
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Scotsman88 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:51 am

hmm, interesting, my source looks like it was mistaken.
well, thanks for looking that up
Scotsman88
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby latraffic » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:00 am

Scotsman88 wrote:I said think farther back, as in Deion never did it, I would of said it was correct then!

What the heck do you mean he never did it? He did it in one of the greatest Dallas Cowboy games in franchise history and probably cemented his place in the HOF by his super human performance in this single game.

Why don't you Google Dallas Cowboys at NY Giants, September 1998?
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mtuhusky » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:18 pm

I think I should get the point for all the research I did. :)
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latraffic » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:10 pm

Hey, don't try and swipe my star, mtuhusky. It's my first and I've already grown rather attached to it. :-B

How about a cold brewsky out on the deck and honorable mention instead?

P.S. Just for the record, this question was so easy it shouldn't have required research. That and I remember watching the game. I have a friend who is a real Dallas diehard but who HATES Sanders (whereas I rather like the peacock myself - "if you got it, flaunt it" I always say). Anyway, watching my friend suffer the agony of seeing "his team" saved by the antics of Primetime is a moment in time I won't ever forget.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Trivia Time Trial