The Only PB Challenge That Matters: Ohh Viqueens.....!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

The Only PB Challenge That Matters: Ohh Viqueens.....!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:49 pm

Gotta say Budman and Zimmy, that paperbag kinda defeats the whole purpose of the PBChallenge. Take the loss like men and don the appropriate sack.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:04 pm

TTTBone wrote:Gotta say Budman and Zimmy, that paperbag kinda defeats the whole purpose of the PBChallenge. Take the loss like men and don the appropriate sack.
I don't see anywhere in any PB rules that say exactly what bag we've gotta wear. I'm even wearing the provided bag, but edited it minorly. I left all the bag there. If you guys feel it's not right though I don't wanna piss anybody off...I've done that plenty of times over my posting career.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:32 pm

I find it quite humorous that you expect the Vikings to win every game they have left to play this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:38 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I find it quite humorous that you expect the Vikings to win every game they have left to play this year.

got to agree. they are better than all of those teams, but they wont go 6 weeks without a loss.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:21 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I find it quite humorous that you expect the Vikings to win every game they have left to play this year.

got to agree. they are better than all of those teams, but they wont go 6 weeks without a loss.

Anyone else recall them losing to the 4 worst teams in the NFL down the stretch of last season?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:01 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:

Anyone else recall them losing to the 4 worst teams in the NFL down the stretch of last season?
Yeah, actually I do. But one difference between last year and this year is that we lost to those teams on the road last year. We've got almost all the games against the better teams at home this year. We've got an awesome home record, and I don't expect to lose to anybody at home, at least who we have left I'm sayin. The only away games we have left are Chicago, Detroit, and Washington. In the past we have dominated Chicago and Detroit, in our better seasons and our not as good seasons. I really don't think we'll lose to either one of these teams this year, the Bears' offense is horrible this year, Craig Krenzel is just horrible and if we can stack the line we'll stop the run. Their D is their strongpoint, and quite honestly, I don't think there's a D in the league that can hold us to under 14 points if we have Moss healthy. Washington's the same way, they can't pass at all, and their strength is their D and I don't think they can stop us, they can put Smoot, and whoever their safety is now on Moss and they can't stop him, Champ Baily wouldn't be able to stop him. Portis could have a pretty good game on us, but the big reason the Vikes' run D is ranked so bad is because when they're passing so good on us we can't afford to put a bunch of guys on the line to stop the run.

If you don't expect us to beat those teams, who do you think we'll lose to? Other than Green Bay, I don't expect you to think rationally when it comes to that one. :-b
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Manja » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:16 pm

The Bears and Lions when the Vikings are on the road. Two upsets that are likely.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:29 pm

manja wrote:The Bears and Lions when the VIkings are on the road. Two upsets that are Likely.

I don't see this at all. Last year the Vikings lost to the Bears in the last second, a game we easily could have won, and that was really at the worst part of our season. This year, we're still playing much better than we were at this point last year, without Moss. The Bears are a much worse team this year, and now won't have Urlacher for the game. Their QB is horrible, and their WRs have gotten worse. They haven't improved anywhere, except for maybe RB, but if we can put 9 guys on the line, they ain't gonna be doin much running, not to mention the fact that if we're winning by a ton then they won't have a chance to run. I think losing to the Lions would be a much greater possibiliy. I still don't see it happening though. I can't find old records but we haven't lost to the Lions in a few years. We're definitely no worse than we were last year, and I think we're easily improved over last year's team. We beat the Lions last year both times, and I don't know why we couldn't do it again. It could be close, but I think we have just as much a chance at winning against them as the Packers do, and I gave that gave to both of us in my analysis.
To say that upsets are "likely" is wrong. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's definitely not "likely."

Oh, and in case any Vikes fans missed this, I want to make sure this gets out...
Guys, it was a dumb move by me, I would like to apologize for condoning the using of the original bags made and supplied by me. We need to stick to the "rules" of the PB match and put on the "official" bags. I'm sorry for making you guys look bad, it's enough that I did it to myself. Hopefully we can stick together and maybe regain a little pride with a few wins these next few weeks.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:10 am

If it was one game against one of those crappy teams Id take it. but there are always so many upsets, I dont see the vikings beating all of those teams. Even if they should on paper. I still think they will win the division, because the pack are just as likely to be upset at least once.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:31 pm

I expect the Vikings will probably lose 3 more games and the Packers 2. I would never trust the Vikes late in the season when it really counts.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting