Best Buy FF Link? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Buy FF Link?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 8hpr8 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:30 am

believe it or not I have won twice. I won last week but only $25 best buy certificate and won the 2nd Place TV about a month ago the, the TV arrived a week ago. All I can say is the TV is smoking. ;-D

and the irony of last weeks win was that I forgot to make my picks and had to pick only players from the afternoon/mnf games.

I got lucky, especially the CHI D, they had 36 pts!

GL this week everyone.
8hpr8
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:03 am

The best Ive finished so far is 78th, and I would have won SOMETHING if stupid Thomas Jones hadnt had been hurt on his first carry. What a turd

My strategy is kind of easy. I just look for good bargains all across the board and then fill out the rest w/ as many studs in good matchups I can.

There really is no super great strategy, a lot of this is obvioulsy luck
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:04 am

8hpr8 wrote:believe it or not I have won twice. I won last week but only $25 best buy certificate and won the 2nd Place TV about a month ago the, the TV arrived a week ago. All I can say is the TV is smoking. ;-D

and the irony of last weeks win was that I forgot to make my picks and had to pick only players from the afternoon/mnf games.

I got lucky, especially the CHI D, they had 36 pts!

GL this week everyone.

I HATE YOU :~(

:-b 'grats on both your wins
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:35 pm

Well I'm not winning anything this week. I knew I should've put my X2 marker on Peyton Manning. Dammit.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:22 pm

I am extremely dissapointed. I really thought that I had a shot at winning something this week:

QB Donovan McNabb PHI at DAL 34
QB David Carr HOU at IND 9
RB Deuce McAllister NO KC 44
RB Onterrio Smith MIN at GB 13
RB Derrick Blaylock KC at NO 32
WR Terrell Owens PHI at DAL 44
WR Andre Johnson HOU at IND 7
WR Nate Burleson MIN at GB 25
TE Tony Gonzalez KC at NO 7
PK Doug Brien NYJ BAL 5
PK Rian Lindell BUF at NE 0
D Arizona Cardinals ARI NYG 18
Totals 238

The real bust was the Carr/ AJ combo. I thought that Johson would score 2TDS from Carr.

Duece who I tagged I figured would blow up against the Chiefs D, didnt really happen. I thought Gonzon was good for 100 YDs and a score. Didnt happen.

Blaylock was sick value for $11 and so was Burleson for $8

The Mcnab and TO combination worked out great ;-D

But I really liked my chances of winning this week :-/
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 204BC » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:47 pm

You did a heck of a lot better than I did (185 pts, ugh!!)

A buddy of mine really tanked it though. The cutoff for prizes this week was 309 pts. He scored 291 and put his 2x tag on the worst one on his list, Big Ben, who got him a whopping 18 pts. he could have put his tag on his other QB, Brett Favre, and he would have been in the money. That and he had Duce Staley as one of his RB's, and since he didn't play he got a big fat zero from him. Man that's gotta hurt.

This week I dropped way way way down to about 12,000 in the overall ranking, by far my worst performance of the year. I think I just killed any remote chance that I had at winning those Superbowl tickets.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:24 pm

402??? 8-o 8-o 8-o

How can you possibly get 402???

:-t :-t :-t

As a buddy of mine called it:
I smell shanangans :-t
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ttz » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:47 pm

What really amazes me is that karin from tampa has finished 6th, 4th and 3rd the last 3 weeks. It seems like you have to have some good luck to score anywhere near 300pts. I know I have only reached it one week. Also, an amazing amount of women seem to win prizes. Not trying to be sexist but I am sure the percentage of men vs women fantasy players is probaby like 95% to 5% if not higher. Out of the 8 leagues I play I think we have a total of 3 female players.
ttz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ironmanwho » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:53 pm

A buddy of mine really tanked it though. The cutoff for prizes this week was 309 pts. He scored 291 and put his 2x tag on the worst one on his list, Big Ben, who got him a whopping 18 pts. he could have put his tag on his other QB, Brett Favre, and he would have been in the money. That and he had Duce Staley as one of his RB's, and since he didn't play he got a big fat zero from him. Man that's gotta hurt.

I think someone was switching the tags this week. I somehow tagged Big Ben while I played Cpep at my other QB. Finished off with 268 points. Even adding Culpeppers 2x, I wouldnt have been up for a prize. Close, but no cigar.
ironmanwho
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby irishclown » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:22 am

I scored 254 with:
Peyton, Delhome, D. Davis, S. Alexander, BArber (tagged)
Burleson, S. moss, K. Robinson, wiggins, scobee and New England. That has been my best week, and I wasn't even close to a prize!!
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk