Best Buy FF Link?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby KingGhidra » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:36 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:402??? 8-o 8-o 8-o

How can you possibly get 402???

:-t :-t :-t

As a buddy of mine called it:
I smell shanangans :-t

A few times during the year, I've noticed it's been possible to change your lineup after the games have started. If certain players get off to a big start, you can change your lineup to reflect those changes. I don't know how to duplicate it, I just know I've noticed it happen at least twice so far.

Needless to say, I got screwed because of it this week. I tried to change some players after the games started and ended up with virtually no players (yes I'm a cheater and cheaters never prosper...). I ended up with McNabb, TO, Givens and Wiggins (3 of which played pretty good). All were in my original lineup. Had I just kept it as is, I probably would've finished with close to 200 points. Not enough to win a prize, but I would've stayed in the top 250 or so.

Who else noticed that Jamal Lewis was only $5 for week 10? I figured he'd be a good bargain buy, but Blaylock at $11 was probably the best for cheap RBs... Ahh well...
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chopper » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:45 am

I aced the value guys this week; Blaylock, Lloyd, Chicago, Bettis...then screwed the pooch with the QB's and the big bucks players: Carr, Ben, Gonzo, Ward, Holt, Ahman (tag).
I'm falling fast.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:13 pm

402....wonder if she's cheating the system somehow.

I want that TV so badly. :~(
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby warrick95 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:23 pm

I played for the first time this year over the past week. I did well, but got screwed by bad performances by Carr and Holt. I thought Holt would tear apart the Seattle secondary, but he got nailed and left the game rather quickly. Carr was a huge disappointment. I thought it'd be a shootout in Indy...it was, but only on one side. And I chose Kris Brown as a kicker because I thought they'd light up Indy. Well, I was very, very wrong.

Carr 9
Vick 17
Green (X2) 15X2
McAllister 22
Blalock 32
Holt 3
Horn 26
J. Smith 20
D. Clark (what a pick!) 30
J. Brown 14
K. Brown 2
TEN D 24

It also hurts that Favre threw four TDs...and couldn't even spare Ahman a couple. Oh well...a good debut in the game all the same.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby 204BC » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:43 am

Something really weird is going on here. I set up my team on Wendesday and rearranged it a little yesterday. I went in today to make a couple of changes and the team that showed up was NOT the team that I had selected earlier in the week. In fact, it looks like my team from two weeks ago. What's up with that? Now I have to start all over looking a matchups and injury reports again.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:09 am

Mine looks fine. Except for the tag on Brees....did I really do that?

Anyway, did you try to refresh? Maybe come back to it after a few minutes. Home? Work? Library? Maybe edited someone else's lineup last time?
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:11 pm

This thing is impossible to win. Last week I had a good feeling about it. This week I dont have a good feeling. I cant get as good of a value as getting Blaylock for $11 and Burleson for $8 last week.
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flux » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:32 pm

I flat out suck at this. Ive determined its all luck. If you only pick your guys based on good matchups, you know half the other people in the game are doing the same thing. You cant win w/o fliers and basically tagging the best player of the day
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:44 pm

I give up at this thing. My lineup last week was stellar. I had:

Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Shaun Alexander, Ahman Green , Derrick Blaylock, Joe Horn, Reggie Wayne, Jermaine Wiggins, and the Cincinnati Bengals defense, most of which blew up last week and had a season making performance. And yet I still only scored 249 points, coming in 3290th place!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby rivengard » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:56 am

I feel your pain.

283 points in week 10 = rank 683

I even told my wife after Monday night's game that we'd won something only to check the results on Tuesday morning and find that lovely piece of garbage.

My love/hate relationship with the Bestbuy game is slipping towards hate/hate.

The only bright spot is that I'm in the top 800 overall. Fairly sure that 7 weeks won't be enough to get to those Super Bowl tickets though. Bleah.
When will the Giants win the SuperBowl again?
Please Lord, let it be this year.

rivengard
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk