Best Buy FF Link? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Best Buy FF Link?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Giantkiller » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:20 am

Is there a way to check your individual players' score for the last week in there? I'm lazy and want them to calculate them for me
Giantkiller
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:42 am

rivengard wrote:I feel your pain.

283 points in week 10 = rank 683

I even told my wife after Monday night's game that we'd won something only to check the results on Tuesday morning and find that lovely piece of garbage.

My love/hate relationship with the Bestbuy game is slipping towards hate/hate.

The only bright spot is that I'm in the top 800 overall. Fairly sure that 7 weeks won't be enough to get to those Super Bowl tickets though. Bleah.

LOL, I was thinking exactly like you. This was my first week trying the bestbuy game and I appeared to have nailed a lot of the big players for the week (week 10)

I ended up with this:

Points last week: 275
Points overall: 275
Rank last week: 753

753rd, 275 pts didnt even get me close :-o it seems to win you have to pick all studs for the week and somehow have that fit your budget.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby KingGhidra » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:52 am

Homeless wrote:
rivengard wrote:I feel your pain.

283 points in week 10 = rank 683

I even told my wife after Monday night's game that we'd won something only to check the results on Tuesday morning and find that lovely piece of garbage.

My love/hate relationship with the Bestbuy game is slipping towards hate/hate.

The only bright spot is that I'm in the top 800 overall. Fairly sure that 7 weeks won't be enough to get to those Super Bowl tickets though. Bleah.

LOL, I was thinking exactly like you. This was my first week trying the bestbuy game and I appeared to have nailed a lot of the big players for the week (week 10)

I ended up with this:

Points last week: 275
Points overall: 275
Rank last week: 753

753rd, 275 pts didnt even get me close :-o it seems to win you have to pick all studs for the week and somehow have that fit your budget.

Depends on the week. 275 would've won the TV in week 2 and not even placed in week 1. I just looked at the recap for all the weeks. 275 would've got you a 1st place a 2nd place and in the lower tier prizes 2 or 3 times. It's definitely a good score, but last week the scoring was insane.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby warrick95 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:13 am

I just had a horrible week. I was so confident in my team, too. Note the matchups. It'd be cool if we kept checks on each other over the season (well, like six weeks left now) and see if any of us can win some prizes. ;-D

David Carr vs. GB 14
Joey Harrington @MIN 9 (a 50-50 shootout? yeah right)
McGahee (X2) vs. STL 24 (Campbell stole his three TDs!)
Blaylock vs. NE 9
James @CHI 31 (that's who I should've tagged! at least I had the foresight to choose him. great yardage game.)
A. Johnson vs. GB 9 (that's two straight dud weeks of both Carr and AJ...that probably cost me a low-end prize last week...I advise you to pick them up for their not-so-great matchup this week, because they'll break out since I didn't pick them.)
Roy Williams @MIN 1 (dud...I risked with the two QB/WR batteries to score double points...I think that may be a strategy, albeit a risky one, to win big.)
Burleson vs. DET 15
Shockey vs. ATL 14
Andersen vs. DET 2 (like I said, I expected a shootout. ugh. more risk here.)
K. Brown vs. GB (two straight weeks of K. Brown...)
SEA vs. MIA 34 :)

This week, I conserved everywhere to pick Peyton Manning. Tagged. Here's to a tremendous Manning game. ;-D
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby The Lung » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:30 am

Manning, Brees, Droughns, Pittman, Mason, Burleson, Carney, and the Indianapolis Colts defense (who had their best performance of the season) and I wasn't even in the top 5000! I don't know why I even bother.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby Chopper » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:58 am

Gratz, Mustangs989. Nearly cracked the leader board with 250.

Blaylock was my weak link. At least I'm back in the top 500 for the season. For good, I hope. I'm running out of ideas for tags. I should have tagged the Colts D instead of Brees last week. Who'd have guessed?
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KingGhidra » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:25 pm

Chopper wrote:Gratz, Mustangs989. Nearly cracked the leader board with 250.

Blaylock was my weak link. At least I'm back in the top 500 for the season. For good, I hope. I'm running out of ideas for tags. I should have tagged the Colts D instead of Brees last week. Who'd have guessed?

I wouldn't tag a defense ever. You'd basically need to luck into some TDs. I guess if you start whoever is playing Miami, you have the best shot at it. Atlanta fell through for me against NY this week. I don't have much confidence starting San Fran vs Miami either...

I'm running out of good tags too. So far I've used:

Week 1: Alexander 92
Week 2: Ahman 26
Week 3: Q-Tip 6
Week 4: Tiki Barber 58
Week 5: Edge 50
Week 6: C-Mart 66
Week 7: Deuce 50
Week 8: Priest 104
Week 9: LT 34
Week 10: No one :-/ (It was supposed to be Portis so I can't complain too much)
Week 11: Dillon 62

Other than Ahman, Q-Tip and LT (who I really didn't want to use that week either), I've been pretty good hitting my double up on RBs. I've still got a Droughns tag saved which I'll probably use this week against Oakland. Next week will probably be TJones against Minnesota.... I'll probably be using Deuce in week 13 against Dallas.

I hate to say it, but the best matchup this week is probably Atlanta against New Orleans. Since TDs are worth so much, Duckett would be a good tag. Given that New Orleans is the best in the league at preventing long runs (who knew?), that's probably not good news for Dunn who makes his living between the 20s. Not the best chance of breaking a long TD. Then again, Duckett really hasn't been getting any carries.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk