Huge Trade Offer- Manning, Holt for Ricky Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Huge Trade Offer- Manning, Holt for Ricky Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Huge Trade Offer- Manning, Holt for Ricky Williams

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:00 am

Should I pull the trigger on this deal, or am i giving up a little too much. I am 0-2 and need RB help desperately, so any advice would help. Should I try and get a Wr in return as well or is this a fair offer.
My Lineup is
Qb- Manning and Vick
Rb- Emmitt, Hearst, William Green, Olandis Gary
Wr- Holt, Chambers, Conway, Stallworth
Te- Shockey
K- Wilkins
D- Chargers and Redskins
Redskins are in a pending trade for Curtis Martin

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Vikings » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:03 am

I'd do that trade. Ricky is hot right now, so I doubt you could get a WR in the deal. You have okay Wideouts and you can pick up another on the waiver wire.
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dihall » Thu Sep 19, 2002 10:46 am

I would take it as well, not that I am an expert, but I have Williams and he has been one of the few people to rack up points on my team. Manning has been seemingly "lukewarm" and Vick has been putting up decent numbers as well, at least as good as Manning. Don't take my word as gospel, but Williams has been huge for me right now. Good luck! :-)
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aquaman » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:42 pm

See if you can get a litle more back in that trade. If that guy is receiving Manning and Holt, you should be able to get back another QB from the guy at least. I think the deal is good for you value for value; but, he's getting the better of it "perceived value"-wise. In other words, even though Holt is a top-10 WR and has a lot of "perceived" value.... his actual value may be lesser since the Rams spread the ball around a lot (especially in the red zone).... play on Holt's higher perceived value to get another QB (ie Trent Green's value is deflated right now and should rise) or WR (Plaxico has yet to do anything yet... his value should rise).
aquaman
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gridiron goddess » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:58 pm

I would make the trade as well.

But I also agree you should try to get a bit more out of the deal -- either a decent QB or WR. I think it's competely within reason to ask for that considering who you're offering.

However, if they decline that -- I would go ahead with the trade anyway.

And if they give you Martin for the Redskins D -- take it and RUN!!
gridiron goddess

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk