PBC: Niners v. the Cats - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PBC: Niners v. the Cats

Moderator: Football Moderators

PBC: Niners v. the Cats

Postby MadScott » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:25 pm

It's time for the bag to come off. I'm calling that my Niners get off the schnide this week v. the Carolina Panthers. Any takers one way or the other?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Aristotle » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:51 pm

I don't know how you see this season; but I kind of think our destiny, the first round draft pick, is in our hands. If we take care of Miami (and by take care I mean lose horribly), and we squeak by the dreadful Panthers... then we will surely obtain our assumed overall goal.

Yet still I will be cheering them on this Sunday, to win. I must be some kind of sicko. I accept the challenge.
Unit
Corps
Tiki Barber
God
Country
Aristotle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:21 pm

The Panthers are terrible. I look to see that the Niners will get one of there few wins. Finally that home crowd will see a win.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:03 pm

Aristotle wrote:I don't know how you see this season; but I kind of think our destiny, the first round draft pick, is in our hands. If we take care of Miami (and by take care I mean lose horribly), and we squeak by the dreadful Panthers... then we will surely obtain our assumed overall goal.

Yet still I will be cheering them on this Sunday, to win. I must be some kind of sicko. I accept the challenge.

what, and you think we will actually have $$$ to spend on a top 3 pick? My guess, we trade down *again* so that we dont get another high salary to pay or someone else to holdout on us because we don't have the $$$ they think (and/or possibly) deserve.

anyway, back on topic. we could possibly win this game. i mean, both of our teams have been completely decimated by injuries. GO NINERS.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:48 pm

Mark these words: We will never compete for the playoffs so long as the York's own the team and Donahue runs it. We are in route to becoming the Cinncinati Bengals of the 90s. The most crushing news recently is that Larry Ellison made a bid for the team and was rebuffed. :~(
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Aristotle » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:28 am

http://www.dumpyork.com

I know people have a large distaste for the trading down maneuver, but it does actually make some sense with this team. I also know that it only coincidentally makes sense, as Dr. Yorko really only cares about operating this team as cheaply as possible; but it isn't like our team is one franchise player away from turning this ship around. We have huge gaping holes (cb, o-line, pass rushers, run stoppers, non-injury prone quarterbacks.. the list goes on and on) that are probably best addressed by trading down to fill them.
Unit
Corps
Tiki Barber
God
Country
Aristotle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby proKrastinate » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:17 am

Aristotle wrote:http://www.dumpyork.com

I know people have a large distaste for the trading down maneuver, but it does actually make some sense with this team. I also know that it only coincidentally makes sense, as Dr. Yorko really only cares about operating this team as cheaply as possible; but it isn't like our team is one franchise player away from turning this ship around. We have huge gaping holes (cb, o-line, pass rushers, run stoppers, non-injury prone quarterbacks.. the list goes on and on) that are probably best addressed by trading down to fill them.

i agree. the last thing we need is to put all our money into some high first rounder that can't develop into a star player until after hes left our organization because we couldn't develope a team around him.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Demented Avenger » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:20 am

I use doublethink (if you're an Orwell fan) when I watch niners' games. While I root for them to win, I know in the back of my head that I really want them to lose. Week 12 against the Dolphins is a sort of Draft Mini-Superbowl. Can't wait. It's better than watching all these so-called "good" teams...

I've seen that dumpyork site, it's awesome. After how great De Bartolo was, it's pretty sad that we get the worst owner in any sport at any time in history. The guy never even comes to CA for crying out loud, it's just another investment on a piece of paper to him, and he just got a $15 million raise due to the new TV structure next year. No way he's gonna sell now...

How great would it be if Steve Young and Brent Jones owned the team?

PackerAttack84 wrote:Finally that home crowd will see a win.

I saw a (the) win at home this year against the Cardinals. That was the best football game I've ever been to. By far. When the wins are rare, they feel a lot better. The strange thing is that the niners' attendance hasn't gone down all that much.

And remember, no matter what happens, we're always first when you rank the teams alphabetically!
Demented Avenger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting