Magic The Gathering - Who Plays Still? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Magic The Gathering - Who Plays Still?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MeShawn » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:01 pm

Never into magic. :*)

But when I was in 1st-2nd grade, Pokemon was a big thing. I still have a large stash of those cards in my closet that I've been trying to sell for years :-[
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:06 pm

MeShawn wrote:Never into magic. :*)

But when I was in 1st-2nd grade, Pokemon was a big thing. I still have a large stash of those cards in my closet that I've been trying to sell for years :-[

My mom made me give them to my cousin and my aunt promised me to get me something, that b1tch never gave me crap. :-t

Btw, my cousin is the same age as me. :-b
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MeShawn » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:11 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:

My mom made me give them to my cousin and my aunt promised me to get me something, that b1tch never gave me crap. :-t

lol :-]

There was an article in the newspaper about Pokemon cards a couple years ago. They said that the best card (which I still have), at the peak (7-8 years ago) was worth well over a hundred bucks. Now I can't even get a 50 cents for it :-P
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:15 pm

goleafsgo96 wrote:I was one of those dudes who hated all card games (excluding normal cards) and would make fun of the pokemon people and magic card people. Then i found a pokemon card that some little kid immediately bought off me for 10$, so my feelings toward the game grew just a bit.

same here. my brother used to go to the cardshop to battle pokemon with other kids. Endless ridicule there. Made it easy to buy gifts for him though. Id just get him a card he didnt have and say it cost 10 bucks when really I found it. :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:09 am

Wow, I can't believe anybody still even knows about that game. I don't have very many cards, but all the one's I got are pretty old I guess. From the first and second edition. We all must be about the same age, cause I started collecting in 7th or 8th grade too.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby South Park Cows » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:12 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:

Exact same thing happened to me but my cousin late sold them for a few hundred big ones. :-t
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to General Talk