What the hell is wrong with Todd Heap? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What the hell is wrong with Todd Heap?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What the hell is wrong with Todd Heap?

Postby elway7 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:42 am

I traded for him when all reports said he was close to returning but now I am hearing he might be out another 3 weeks. Whats wrong with that ankle? He has been out a long time even for a high anle sprain. What gives? Anyone have any info on him?
elway7
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby OSportsC » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:03 am

I feel your pain. I had Heap for since day 1 and finally dumped him last week in a package in which I got back Randy McMichael. I never seen a sprained ankle take so long to heal. The Ravens are keeping Todd out of practice this week believing the rest will help the ankle get well enough to have him play next week. His problem is when he tries to cut the ankle still isn't well enough. If you could I'd trade for whatever you can get for him and try to pick up another TE. There should be some decent TE's left on the WW. If Wiggins or Dilger are available I pick them up. Even if Heap does return...Kyle Boller isn't going to light up anybody's FF pt board.
OSportsC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tomkatt » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:31 pm

Latest update I have on Heap:

10NOV04 TE Todd Heap (ankle) will not play this Sunday. He missed practice Wednesday. His entire season is starting to look very iffy.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:33 pm

at this point I would stop expecting anything from him for the rest of the year. He has missed substantial time. It may just be time to cut bait.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1crzydmnd » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:38 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:at this point I would stop expecting anything from him for the rest of the year. He has missed substantial time. It may just be time to cut bait.

I agree.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

New Heap return date

Postby OSportsC » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:42 pm

:-°
Just heard that Heap is due to return on November 28th. His timetable was between 50 -70 days. He's already over 50 and is expected back closer to the 70.
OSportsC
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Canacuna » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:44 pm

How has it taken two months and he's still not recovered from a sprained ankle? It's a sprained ankle... I've had plenty of 'em and it never took me nearly as long to get back...

(The 'Cuna is a frustrated Todd Heap owner.)
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Hanglow » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:51 pm

ive had heap since day one and i cant decide whether to drop him for wiggins or e johnson
hangLow
Hanglow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 1crzydmnd » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:25 pm

Hanglow wrote:ive had heap since day one and i cant decide whether to drop him for wiggins or e johnson

Eric Johnson? he is still available in your league? 8-o I would have dropped Heap eons ago for EJ.
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby tomkatt » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:56 pm

Canacuna, it is a HIGH ankle sprain. I believe those are supposed to be much worse than a garden variety sprained ankle.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk