Couch listed as probable for this week... r they crazy.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Couch listed as probable for this week... r they crazy..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Couch listed as probable for this week... r they crazy..

Postby Vikings » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:00 am

Looks like they are pulling Hot Holcomb! dumb move...
Vikings
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:04 am

I'd have to agree...but they do need to see where Couch is this year. I've never been on the couch bandwagon, and we all know that there were better QBs in his class. We just have to wait and see. I think Holcomb will be back sooner than we think...He has a better groove with the offense than Couch has shown me in his last three years....
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chicago » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:47 pm

On one hand there's the "Why fix what's not broken" mindset, then there is also the idea the the Browns offense as a whole is a lot better. So while they've been good with Holcomb, they might be awesome with Couch. There's no one, going into the season, that would have told you Holcomb was in the same league as Couch. I agree they need to give Couch the start, else why, coming out of training camp, would they give him the nod over Holcomb.

The coaches know who's the better QB. But play on the field is what means the most. Give Couch the nod, if he stinks it up, you know you've got a solid backup to stick right back in.
Chicago
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk