Benching Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benching Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: cpepp

Postby wannabthechamp » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:12 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:Say it aint so Huge. Did I miss the press release that said Cpepp was hit by a train? Did Green Bay grow mighty big defensive cahones this week? Is there a crazy flu going around that hasn't reached Ohio yet? Help me out here somebody....

Hmmm...maybe he's kidding?
wannabthechamp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:12 pm

Culpepper without Moss is a different QB in fantasy and real-life, there is no doubt. That said, he's still a solid option and I wouldn't sit him unless you have a decent backup with a good matchup. I agree with the poster playing Griese against the dismal Falcon's secondary over Culpepper, but to the Brutal- Quincy Carter vs. Baltimore? You've got to be kidding me...

I guess a few bad games will get you to second guess anybody, but there's no way I start a waiver wire QB over Culpepper, unless he's playing a bottom of the barrel defense.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: cpepp

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:31 pm

wannabthechamp wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:Say it aint so Huge. Did I miss the press release that said Cpepp was hit by a train? Did Green Bay grow mighty big defensive cahones this week? Is there a crazy flu going around that hasn't reached Ohio yet? Help me out here somebody....

Hmmm...maybe he's kidding?

BH, a joker? Say it ain't so, champ, say it aint so.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mad benjamin » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:16 pm

I would consider benching Culpepper, if it weren't for the fact Brees is on a bye, plus the fact that he goes up against Green Bay's secondary this week. He couldn't play poorly against Indy's AND Green Bay's defenses... could he?

Part of the trouble w/the Colts game was that the Colts controlled the heck out of the clock in the first half. Until the last drive where the Vikes came away w/3, CPep had only 2 pass attempts w/ one completion. I don't see that happening again... at least not any time soon.

Not to worry, CPep owners. Moss will be back soon and he will start putting up monster #'s again.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ironhorse75 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:24 pm

But the 28th seems so far away.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Benching Daunte

Postby rivengard » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:27 pm

I wouldn't do it this week. Just call it a hunch, but I see him busting out against a suspect GB defense.

Onterrio Smith is really the spark behind this call. Second week back and he should really start steamrolling again... and a lot of his yards come off of screen passes and dumps over the line, so that bulks up Daunte's passing numbers as well.

Sooo, let's say Tice decides to run Onterrio a ton in the 1st quarter... this should force the Pack to try to stuff the line, leaving an already weak secondary without a LB or SS to help with coverage.

Boom! Robinson, Wiggins, Burleson and Campbell run rampant as Daunte gets at least 250+ yards and 2 TD's. While not a humongous game, it should outperform Griese (I think he's due for a letdown right about... Sunday vs. the Dirty Birds).

My 2 cents.
When will the Giants win the SuperBowl again?
Please Lord, let it be this year.

rivengard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hammerwx » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:34 am

Wow. This is stunning. Benching Culpepper. Why don't you just trade the bum....to me. I'll give you Griese, and I'll throw in a RB.

I guess we are hearing from the "what have you done for me lately" crowd.

Granted his numbers are down, but there was no way he could have stayed as hot as he was.

I think Culp could go off at any time, Moss or no Moss. If he does go off, it's just about an instant win in most league formats.

Judging from the sentiment on this post, I'm going to send out some offers ASAP for Culpepper.
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jsk002 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:51 am

I didn't say I wanted to trade Culpepper. I just think Griese has a better matchup this week. No Moss = Average Culpepper. Moss will be back though and C-pepp will be fine.
jsk002
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ShowStopper » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:41 am

I know this is off subject, but I think what this whole discusson does is give power to the argument that Manning is the better QB of the 2. If Harrison were the one having to miss 3-4 games I don't think anyone would even consider benching Manning.
I'm not trying to hijack the thread, it was just a though that came to me...
ShowStopper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:34 pm

i dont understand how you can bench c-pep gainst GB , unless you have a top five QB on your bench :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk