Wisconsin??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Wisconsin???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wisconsin???

Postby CC » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:10 pm

What was the against MSU. It was probably the worst beating I have ever seen a top 5 team take, at the hands of an unranked (though pretty solid) MSU team. I was happy though, b/c it puts Michigan in the drivers seat for the Big 10 Championship, if we beat OSU next week we're going to the Rose Bowl.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:23 pm

Does anyone know if there is a tiebreaker. IE If Iowa beats Wisconsin and Michigan loses to Ohio St. would Michigan win the Big 10 because they beat IA or would they be co Big 10 Champs? I'm pretty sure if Wisconsin wins and Michigan loses it will be co Big 10 champs since they didn't play each other but the other possibility has me wondering what/if any is the tiebreaker.

That really was an embarassing game by Wisconsin though, after the 4th down goaline stop (which I thought was a TD) it really took all the life out of them.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:49 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a tiebreaker. IE If Iowa beats Wisconsin and Michigan loses to Ohio St. would Michigan win the Big 10 because they beat IA or would they be co Big 10 Champs? I'm pretty sure if Wisconsin wins and Michigan loses it will be co Big 10 champs since they didn't play each other but the other possibility has me wondering what/if any is the tiebreaker.

That really was an embarassing game by Wisconsin though, after the 4th down goaline stop (which I thought was a TD) it really took all the life out of them.

Michigan would win the Big 10 if they lost and Iowa won because Michigan has already beaten Iowa. If Michigan loses and Wisconin also loses, Wisconsin would be Big 10 Champs by virtue of a better overall record. If Michigan beats Ohio St. they are the Big 10 Champs regardless.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:59 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a tiebreaker. IE If Iowa beats Wisconsin and Michigan loses to Ohio St. would Michigan win the Big 10 because they beat IA or would they be co Big 10 Champs? I'm pretty sure if Wisconsin wins and Michigan loses it will be co Big 10 champs since they didn't play each other but the other possibility has me wondering what/if any is the tiebreaker.

Michigan would win the Big 10 if they lost and Iowa won because Michigan has already beaten Iowa. If Michigan loses and Wisconin also loses, Wisconsin would be Big 10 Champs by virtue of a better overall record. If Michigan beats Ohio St. they are the Big 10 Champs regardless.

Hmm...thanks for the info ;-D I guess that rules out the Hawkeyes unfortunately, oh well 2nd in the Big 10 while they're playing with their 5th string RB isn't too bad ;-7
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:04 am

Fred Russell and Gallery would have been a welcome additions.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mtuhusky » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:02 pm

Michigan will beat OSU so a tie-breaker isn't needed. :)
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:27 pm

Go Gophers! :-t
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby ZeroGravitas » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:26 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, (always a possibility), but if Wisconsin and Iowa play each other, then both of your scenerios could occur. (Iowa winning and Wisconsin losing.)

So which tie-breaker takes precedence, Michigan's win over Iowa and their win over Wisconsin or Wisconsin's unbeaten non-conference schedule?

Either way, my head is starting to hurt...
ZeroGravitas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Leading the cheerleaders out onto the field to spell "SNOIL".

Postby mtuhusky » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:57 pm

Ok, gonna break it down...

The Big Ten has no tie breaker. You simply have "co-Big Ten champs" on your trophy. Now..the BCS is another story.

If Michigan wins....they are outright champs regardless of Wisky-Iowa outcome and will represent the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl.

If Michigan loses...with a Wisconsin win, Badgers are Big Ten reps (due to their overall record).
....with an Iowa win, Michigan will be big ten reps (Despite Iowa and Michigan having identical 9-2 records) due to their win over Iowa.

I think that covers it. Hope this helps your headache. :)
mtuhusky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:40 am

Wisconsin looked bad last week. MSU is good when they have Stanton running the offense. They may have been able to have beaten Michigan (sorry UM fans) but he got hurt at the end of the first half. Things could have been different if he was still in. Possibly.

Dowdell blows. He is just awful. Surprisingly MSU was in it against OSU with him.

Michigan should blow out OSU. The talent there is just too much for the Buckeyes..Plus all the Clarett stuff going on there. Hard to believe they are focused on UM.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football