Merrill Hoge just called Andre Johnson... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Merrill Hoge just called Andre Johnson...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheOmen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:19 am

hoge is an idiot. he also said that the skins would win the division this year and that the eagles would miss the playoffs.

He always seems to be wrong to me. I think he is a hack to be honest.

Not only did he predict the Eagles wouldn't make the playoffs before the season, he said it again when they were 5 -0! He is a concussed dope.
TheOmen
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:40 am

What do you expect from someone who had to retire due to head injuries?? :-b
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby drsteuss » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:24 pm

Hoge is brain dead. And, if his suits are any indication, he's also blind. Why ESPN features a neverending parade of idiots like him baffles me.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Da Host » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:08 pm

Marjor Exagerration....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/strawberry.php << Go there the funniest thing I ever
Saw!

Need a injury update? PM me!
Da Host
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The Game Where Kevin Dyson comes one yard short of the goal line in the super bowl.

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:04 pm

Yeah him saying Philly would miss the playoffs was just moronic. He has been given mulitple times to take it back too. He at least is standing by his dumb pick.

There just simply arent enough good teams in the NFC to keep Philly out. And they are playing like the best one right now.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:13 pm

i don't really view him as having integrity or anything like that because he is standing by his predictions -- predictions that were pretty intellectually dishonest to begin with.

Seriously, at this point, it is looking like almost no one can deny them homefield.

I realize atlanta could -- but the eagles still have the giants, skins twice and the coyboys at home. Win those games and take one of the following: cincy, st. louis, green bay -- and 13-3 is likely to take it. It would probably mean atlanta has to win out to take homefield.

at any rate, going in, why would he think the skins would be better? and not only better than the eagles, but the cowboys as well. snyder's track record didn't support that conclusion.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Navyseal » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:48 am

I posted this topic originally to illustrate the bias that exists in sports media. Merril is merely a pawn in the NFL's game of prognostication. The NFL NEEDS a foil for the Pats...
While he's been right 9/10 times so far, we'll see how Hodge ends his seasonal predictions... hint... he'll name TO as the REAL best WR in football, b/c antics aside, that's exactly what he is.
I hate to say it, but the Filthadelphia Iggles are actually going to win a Super Bowl this year... NFC all the way... Reid's scripted plays will get it done... and I'm a Skins' fan.

12 team, H2H, hyper-performance, keeper (5)
Start 9: QB, 1/2RB, 2/3/4WR, 1/2TE, K, D/ST --
(8-3)
Brees*, Rattay
Deuce*, Rudi, Bettis, Moore, Pittman*, Bell, Stecker
CJ*, Plaxico*, Wayne*, Pathon
Gates*, Troupe
Akers*
NE D/ST*
Navyseal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:28 am

Navyseal wrote:I posted this topic originally to illustrate the bias that exists in sports media. Merril is merely a pawn in the NFL's game of prognostication.

There is actually a bias that exists in all media outlets. They are all guilty. This happens whether it's Hoge, a news channel reporting a political story, the Rather incident, or newspapers. A study was just done (that I can dig up, if necessary) where only 1 in 4 actually believes what they read in the newspaper. That's terrible but these people are allowed to skew the information either through the research or the reporting.

Just wanted to say that this is absolutely not just a sports or football issue. :-?
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

Postby zombiez » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:27 am

Navyseal wrote:I posted this topic originally to illustrate the bias that exists in sports media. Merril is merely a pawn in the NFL's game of prognostication. The NFL NEEDS a foil for the Pats...
While he's been right 9/10 times so far, we'll see how Hodge ends his seasonal predictions... hint... he'll name TO as the REAL best WR in football, b/c antics aside, that's exactly what he is.
I hate to say it, but the Filthadelphia Iggles are actually going to win a Super Bowl this year... NFC all the way... Reid's scripted plays will get it done... and I'm a Skins' fan.

(8-3)
Brees*, Rattay
Gates*, Troupe
Akers*
NE D/ST*
.....There is a team west on the PA turnpike that might have something to say about that ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:18 pm

Zombiez wrote:
Navyseal wrote:I posted this topic originally to illustrate the bias that exists in sports media. Merril is merely a pawn in the NFL's game of prognostication. The NFL NEEDS a foil for the Pats...

(8-3)
Brees*, Rattay
Gates*, Troupe
Akers*
NE D/ST*
.....There is a team west on the PA turnpike that might have something to say about that ;-D

Agreed. I always just hop onto the PA TP in Carlisle and head west. ;-D
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk