McGahee vs Thomas Jones...Long Term - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee vs Thomas Jones...Long Term

Moderator: Football Moderators

McGahee vs Thomas Jones...Long Term

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:57 am

Who has a brighter future from a FF standpoint?

I'm in a keeper league, and have been getting all kinds of offers for McGahee. My latest involves Jones, A-Train, and a draft pick. (Not looking for opinions on trade itself per se....All fear the Webhamster) To be honest, I haven't really had a chance to see much of Jones, and was just looking for some opinions on him for the long term. I know he picked it up a bit last season, and looked to have turned the corner at the start of this season.

Question 2, is there any talk about A-Train being traded? I thought the Bears had shopped him around, without getting much interest. Is this correct? If he were to be traded, any thoughts on where he might end up? Are there any potential teams out there where A-Train may have some value as a RB?

Thanks,

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:59 am

McGahee is the man. While I really like Jones, I can't advise anyone to trade McGahee for anything less than an absolute horse.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:05 pm

That has been my thinking as well. I just haven't had a chance to see any of Thomas Jones, and wasn't sure if he looked to be the real deal.

The only worry I have about McGahee is his durability. Yes he has looked great, and the knee seems to be a non-issue. I just can't seem to stop the video of his injury from running in the back of my head. I watch the Bills every chance I get. Unless the Pats are playing. Of course it works out for me this week, because I'll get to see the whole game.

I hope I'm just being paranoid.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:06 pm

McGahee is the man right now and for next year I like him better. Jones is in a great system for him. If the Bears can become a bigger threat in the passing game this will open up their run even more.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ThePrez » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:07 pm

I am looking to keep T. Jones as a keeper next year... my league give 0.5 pts per catch, which is nice.

I think that when Grossman is back and A-Train signs elsewhere that Jones will be back in full force.
ThePrez
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:20 pm

Jones is in a great system for him.

This is one of the other things that I give to Jones as an advantage over McGahee. Unless BUF gets a better O-Line, Bledsoe will continue to struggle. I cringed with every snap of the ball when he was playing for the Pats. To be kind, he isn't one of the more mobile QBs in the league. All of which makes for a fairly one-dimensional offense. McGahee is looking good. Looking great actually, but will opposing Ds adjust before long?

I can honestly say that next year might be time for me to get DirecTV and the NFL pass. I like being able to watch a team play. Makes it much easier to judge players potential. I have seen the Bills, because they are in the AFC East. (I live in NH.) Unfortunately I haven't seen the Bears at all. Makes me feel like I'm running blind. I have seen McGahee with my own eyes, and have seen what he can do. No such luck with Jones.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:24 pm

I watch an awful lot of Bills football, McNally's tutelage is finally starting to pay off. The o-line is performing well as of late, they haven't given up a sack in the last 2 games, and they have also had a 100 yard rusher (McGahee) in the last 2 games.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quickm0ng00se » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:36 pm

they haven't given up a sack in the last 2 games

Wasn't aware of that. Thanks.

The Bills have shown that they like to run. 26, 30, and 37 carries in McGahees 3 starts. And, McGahee has shown given the touches, he can make it happen. Give Bledsoe enough protection where he can at least keep the Defense honest, combined with an O-Line that can just get McGahee that first hole, and I think McGahee will continue to perform.

T
quickm0ng00se
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:49 pm

I like McGahee pretty easily, he should be a top 10 RB next year. The Bills have given him the carries and he has produced. He's got all the talent in the world and as long as he stays healthy watch out.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:51 pm

I wouldn't trade Mcgahee this season for anything less than a proven top10 RB candidate. In a keeper league, Mcgahee is much more valuable. Don't even consider trading this guy unless you can get a verifiable top5 stud RB in return. I would equate his value to a Clinton Portis as this point in time.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk