Brady ... might want to re-think your ratings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New England Patriots

Brady ... might want to re-think your ratings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady ... might want to re-think your ratings

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:42 pm

According to the Boston Herald, Tom Brady has been inconsistent in training camp. He's been solid on short passes, but still struggles with the long ball, which the club has been trying to work on. Brady also is getting more rest that past training camps, which could be an indication he's still having problems with his right shoulder. Brady, who separated the AC joint late last year, said he can play through the injury, but added it's something he will have to manage. He opted against offseason surgery, but may need it in the future.

Can't throw the deep ball? Has to manage his arm? Because you don't have to manage a healthy shoulder, Brady sounds like damaged goods to us. When asked about the shoulder this summer, Brady's stock response has been "good, not perfect." This news is cause for concern, and a slight drop in rankings.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Huh???

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:55 am

Brady goes fairly low in the draft anyways, and by the time you grab him in the sixth or seventh round, he's going to be a good pickup regardless of health. With all of the AFC East teams trying to focus on the run this season, there should be fewer long-pass situations. This just means that you will see more of the speedy receivers who can make something happen after the catch. Instead of Brady dropping on my list, Branch is going to rise on my list.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New England Patriots