PEYTON MANNING!!!!iM COMING TO KILL YOU!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

PEYTON MANNING!!!!iM COMING TO KILL YOU!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Football Newbie » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:52 pm

gavin256 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:guys maybe you don't know, but its actually illegal for any people like involved with the NFL to be playing fantasy sports. Dungy seems like he's always playing just for passing TD's but he plays to win, and is successful when they throw the football. But yeah he should give Edge some of the glory, at least when the game gets out of hand.

None of you guys should complain that much because we all probably had the opportunity to take him in our fantasy drafts. :-D

Thats not the point joshy. He isnt sharing the ball in indy thats the point. I dont mind him but he doesnt share the ball at all and i need some of the other players from indy to make some plays. And with him being a ball hog, that doesnt happen. Especially edge owners are suffering the most. Im in with the manning hunter group fellas. His family lives in New Orleans im pretty sure :-) . Rich bit*hes.

This isnt kindergarden, its football. You play to win. If its about sharing and crap then maybe they should play 2 hand touch? If it puts more points on the board then throw it. I agree with whoever said it, if the other team doesnt want to be embaressed then make some freakin plays.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby gavin256 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:13 am

Football Newbie wrote:
gavin256 wrote:
joshyboy72 wrote:guys maybe you don't know, but its actually illegal for any people like involved with the NFL to be playing fantasy sports. Dungy seems like he's always playing just for passing TD's but he plays to win, and is successful when they throw the football. But yeah he should give Edge some of the glory, at least when the game gets out of hand.

None of you guys should complain that much because we all probably had the opportunity to take him in our fantasy drafts. :-D

Thats not the point joshy. He isnt sharing the ball in indy thats the point. I dont mind him but he doesnt share the ball at all and i need some of the other players from indy to make some plays. And with him being a ball hog, that doesnt happen. Especially edge owners are suffering the most. Im in with the manning hunter group fellas. His family lives in New Orleans im pretty sure :-) . Rich bit*hes.

This isnt kindergarden, its football. You play to win. If its about sharing and crap then maybe they should play 2 hand touch? If it puts more points on the board then throw it. I agree with whoever said it, if the other team doesnt want to be embaressed then make some freakin plays.

Yo FF Noob!!! I know this isnt kindergarten. But they didnt give it to edge on the 1 yard line even once? Come on. that wouldnt of hurt now would it? That wouldnt of hurt your chances to put more points on the board now would it? Think about it before you post again now huh?
Git-R-Done!!!!!!!!!
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:39 am

gavin256 wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:
gavin256 wrote:

Yo FF Noob!!! I know this isnt kindergarten. But they didnt give it to edge on the 1 yard line even once? Come on. that wouldnt of hurt now would it? That wouldnt of hurt your chances to put more points on the board now would it? Think about it before you post again now huh?

did they score a touchdown on that play? Ya I think they did. Did they kick ass? umm yep. Im not an Indy fan at all but if it aint broke dont try and fix it.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:10 am

(rant coming )

I love hearing all of the "Peyton sucks" threads. Not that this one is one of those threads, but hearing people rag on Manning is almost comical to me now. What more can that guy do to prove himself? And don't start with the whole "he can't win the big game" crap. Manning can't play defense.

(rant over)

Seriously, though...he's on pace for 55 TD's. That's disgusting. There are guys in Arena leagues that throw for that, but in the NFL? What almost as shocking is the 125 QB rating. I remember when Steve Young had like a 114 QB rating, and I thought that was insane. It will be interesting to see what he finished the year with.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby emaja » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:26 am

I have said it before and will say it again - the object of football is to score however your opponent allows you to do so or however the game dictates. Not to pad our silly fantasy stats.

Compassion really has no bearing on it. Houston can use this humiating loss as bulletin board material for years and maybe they will grow from it, but the best way to not be embarrassed is to make the plays - pure and simple.
emaja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: Wearing the PB with pride looking for my Bears crack pipe...

Postby Football Newbie » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:21 pm

gavin256 wrote:
Football Newbie wrote:
gavin256 wrote:

Yeah i see the light now, i remember how well it works every time they play new england... oh wait, NO IT DOESNT!!! Edge has a tough time pounding it in, just face it. If they can throw it in as easy (or easier) then they can run it in then why not?
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby husker_fanatic » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:41 pm

inferno19 wrote:I think this applies to McNabb as well. Greedy.

your not really greedy when you just throw it up in the air and your wr's catch it.!.!.
husker_fanatic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:49 pm

Funny people bash Manning for throwing when they were up 21. I haven't heard anyone bash McNabb for throwing bombs when they were up 21 in the 4th qtr Monday night. Come on people, be consistent.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:35 am

I love these threads. Manning bashers, eat this!

1.) It is not greedy or selfish to throw a TD pass. It is part of the game. I remember a game when Edge got the ball four times in a row from the 1 yd. line and got stuffed all four times (Can't remember the exact game). When a team is on the 1, the defense keys on the run (even against the colts). If Manning knows this and sees this, he should audible for a pass and a guaranteed TD. IT'S HIS JOB!!!! Plus, half of these plays are already called. Those who have coached Manning have admitted a lot of his "audibles" are not audibles at all, rather just a fake to throw the defense off.

2.) I know you can't predict this type of a season, but this is not new gentlemen. I know in my league last year Manning outscored most RBs in our league. That's why the guy in my league who got him threw away the "you must have a solid RB to anchor your team" talk and took him second overall. Laugh if you want, but he's in first, and only twice this year has having Manning saved him (in 7 of 9 wins, he would have won with Hasselbeck at QB). Sometimes people get too caught up in strategy that they forget the basic rule in any game or sport, the person who scores the most points wins. That said, I don't feel bad for anyone who took Edge at #7, 8, or 9 and passed on Manning because they needed that stud RB.

3.) Selfishness is making yourself look better and those around you look worse. Edge is getting 100 yds. a game, Harrison has 7 TDs, Stokley 5, Wayne 7. That doesn't look to me like anyone on that team looks any worse than anyone else. Manning has 19 TDs (just between those three), but that's how it works. Every QB in the league has more TD passes than the leading WR on the team. The same QB throws them all. Maybe we should let Edge throw some TD passes to even out the stats?

Stop bashing Manning in his incredible season. Sit back and enjoy what you are fortunate enough to witness. I think it's great and I hope he doesn't end his career like Marino (without a ring)! No one as great as them deserves to be without a championship!
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:41 am

Kevin, i think that game was the colts pats game last year during the season. That would have ended the streak then. Edge had gotten stuffed a number of times throughout the year and early part of this season on short yardage situations. Most of the reason why I think they will pass now. Because they are having a ton of success with it.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting