NO, don't give it to Edge on the half yard line on 1st down. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NO, don't give it to Edge on the half yard line on 1st down.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NO, don't give it to Edge on the half yard line on 1st down.

Postby irishclown » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:31 pm

WHAT THE F, I don't get it.......1st and goal, a half an inch away, and they throw the ball. If I were Edge I would sit out the rest of the game. The guy runs the length of the field and you can't reward him. F the Colts I hope Manning breaks his leg!!!
I feel so sorry for this guy, why even have him out there.
irishclown
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikeydavison » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:39 pm

Damn right. I'm all for variety on offense, but is there a compelling reason that they won't ever even try to score a rushing TD. I think it's been 5 weeks now that Edge hasn't scored. I'm just another bitter Edge owner.
mikeydavison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kevster1 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:46 pm

It is all about selfish Peyton Manning. This reminds me alot of Barry Sanders. He used to run for nearly 180 yds, but when they got down to the goal line they gave it to Tommy Vardel. After a few years of getting screwed over by Wayne Fontes Sanders said screw you and retired. I hope this selfish play by Manning comes back to bite the colts.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Thomas » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:56 pm

Reminds me of Jake Plummer too. That selfish prick.
Thomas
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JrcWy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:40 pm

I hope that Edge and Marvin both leave in the offseason. Then we'll see how Payton holds up without the other big two.

Step 1: Phase Edge and Marvin Out
Step 2: Implode.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:38 pm

It's costing me dearly in the money league that I'm an Edge owner in. I've been losing close games where an Edge TD makes a HUGE difference. I can't believe they're not giving him the ball a couple of times when they are down inside the 5. Manning must be hell bent on breaking Marino's record. To make matters worse, My second RB in that league is Marshall Faulk...... who's also having a hard time scoring TD's. :~(
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CC » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:50 pm

It's obvious that Peyton is looking out for #1 and going for the TD record this offseason, its pure selfishness in my eyes.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting