Marvin freaking Harrison - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Marvin freaking Harrison

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:44 am

Nice comment there. I have to assume that is just wreaking in sarcasm.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DanDigital » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:49 am

Of course I'm just joking.

But alot of truth is said in jest.
DanDigital
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby feverfive » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:12 am

KingNothing31685 wrote:
Warpigs wrote:
kanezfan11 wrote:Yep, same reason why Burleson and M-Rob had good stats when Moss was in.

Except that Moss is still able to consistently produce stud numbers with Burleson and MRob playing.

Because unlike CPep Manning isn't gonna force balls to his stud. He will throw to the open guy. Or throw it away. Cpep will just throw it up there to moss, which has mixed results see the teams records for proof.

Just playing devil's advocate, but perhaps CPep "forces" balls to Moss b/c he has the physical ability to go get the ball. harrison is an entirely different type of receiver. He's not gonna out-jump many CB's. Not knocking Harrison, but if he does leave Indy this off-season, should be interesting to see whether he can still produce, or whether Harrison is a product of the offensive system in Indy.
feverfive
Water Boy
Water Boy

re

Postby dodger » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:01 pm

i traded harrison earlier this year and have yet to replace him. i bet you he gets traded, why pay him the big bucks when stokely pollard edge and wayne can get it done. he would be just and expensive decoy. like randy moss. i bet he dips his toe in the FA market and get the big money. manning got all the money last year.
"we couldn't do diddly-poo" jim mora
dodger
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby warrick95 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:27 pm

Marvin's still an elite, top-5 WR. He's not going to be the far and away #1 WR like he was in his 143 rec season, but his productivity can really only be matched by a short list right now. I'd rather have TO or Moss over Marvin, but would still take Harrison over the next level of Ward, Horn, etc.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:16 pm

warrick95 wrote:Marvin's still an elite, top-5 WR. He's not going to be the far and away #1 WR like he was in his 143 rec season, but his productivity can really only be matched by a short list right now. I'd rather have TO or Moss over Marvin, but would still take Harrison over the next level of Ward, Horn, etc.

Dido. After watching the numerous games that IND have played on TV this year, Harrison is open alot but for some reason, Manning isn't getting him the ball enough! I wasted a second round pick on Harrison in the draft, while I picked Walker in the 6th round! Next year, I won't draft a WR until the 3rd or 4th rounds....unless I'm lucky enough to get Moss or TO in the second round!
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UT4life » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:08 pm

i think all the indy recievers get open...all the balls are distributed evenly and if peyton favors a reciever, the others will complain and say they are open...this offense leaves someone open on every play...you can't cover all of them
HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS?
UT4life
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting