Blaylock runs wild!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Blaylock runs wild!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Blaylock runs wild!!!

Postby mad benjamin » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:52 pm

klgreen1973 wrote: I read somewhere ealier this week (it was probably on this site) that Priest may be out for up to 6 weeks, possibly the rest of the season. ;-D.

Do you have a source for this? Any way to verify this?

It'd be a huge boost to my team if it were true...
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ek » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:34 am

As an owner of both Holmes and Blaylock, I'd say that I'd definitely rather have Holmes in there. We all must learn the lesson of Quentin Griffin and not elevate RBs to stud status due to one game against a crappy defense. However, Blaylock is probably one of the better backup RBs in the NFL and is in the best RB system in the league, so he makes a great pickup - I just wouldn't play him ahead of a solid producer when he has a more formidable matchup (at least not yet).
Before you take anything I say too seriously, be aware of the fact that Derrick Mason, Cadillac Williams, Reuben Droughns, Jason Witten, and Mike Bell are all on my team this year!
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:13 am

I'd say that I'd definitely rather have Holmes in there. We all must learn the lesson of Quentin Griffin and not elevate RBs to stud status due to one game against a crappy defense.

Blaylock had 4 TDs a few weeks ago against the no. 1 run defense in the NFL-Atlanta...so it's 2 good games so far for Blaylock whenever he has stepped in for Holmes (Blaylock would've had 2 TDs today if Trent Green didn't throw the INT in the red zone)
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:56 am

I have seen NOTHING about Priest being out for any extended period of time. However, if he is that's a bummer because Priest is better than Blaylock. But, at least I have both RB's handcuffed together.

I expect Priest back starting next week. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BGbootha » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:29 pm

mnheadliner wrote:I expect Priest back starting next week. ;-D

This was my understanding as well. I thought it was possible for priest to play this week, but the figured to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Of course I have blaylock and have been holding on to him for most of the year in my $ league. So i would love to see priest out for a while.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby gatorman1122 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:49 pm

I thought it was possible for priest to play this week, but the figured to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

The Chiefs are pretty much out of the playoff picture.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:58 pm

How can Priest possibly be overrated? Yes he has a great line, and is in a great system.

He has been the best fantasy player for a couple years now, and was until this week the leading rusher in the league. Leading the league in TDs (again).

Keep in mind this was the Saints. Not being antagonistic, but not exactly the best defense in the league.

Blaylock had a great day. But if Priest is out for awhile, I don't think the chances are that great that he duplicates these numbers again.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk