2nd Favre TD pass may be taken away.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2nd Favre TD pass may be taken away....

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd Favre TD pass may be taken away....

Postby hammerwx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:17 pm

GB's second TD was ruled on the field by the ref as a fumble by Fisher, recovered in the end zone by Fisher.

It has for now, gone into the books as a 2yd TD pass from Brett Favre. Look for a scoring change in the next couple of days, taking a TD pass away from Favre.

MINN was going to challange the play, becuase Fisher clearly fumbled b4 going into the end zone. MINN did not challange becuase the ruling on the field was touchdown by fumble recovery, which means Favre would not get credit for a TD pass.

Anybody else see this?
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ben_ffc » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:45 pm

could cost me the W. :,-(

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby matmat » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:48 pm

i don't think so. I think they ruled that he fumbled once in the endzone, which would mean the TD pass stands.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:59 pm

Have to hear the ruling again, I seem to recall it was a fumble in the end zone, so Favre would get his TD. But I could see it going the other way and costing people their wins this week :,-(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hammerwx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:01 pm

matmat wrote:i don't think so. I think they ruled that he fumbled once in the endzone, which would mean the TD pass stands.

that does not make any sense. If it was ruled a fumble in the end zone, then Fisher could not have crossed the goal line with possesion of the ball. Once the player with the ball crosses the goal line-that's it a TD
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:31 pm

That'd suck for Favre owners. I think they should just leave it as is.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MrStrange » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:37 pm

Homeless wrote:Have to hear the ruling again, I seem to recall it was a fumble in the end zone, so Favre would get his TD. But I could see it going the other way and costing people their wins this week :,-(

Tice was set to challenge the play, but didn't as the fumble was ruled to occure before he was in the endzone.
MrStrange
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pmix » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:20 pm

If you saw the replay, the ball was fumbled before he went into the endzone. It was then recovered initially in the endzone by Fischer. As soon as he retained possesion it was ruled a td, even though Udeze came out of the pile with it.

I think this should what the explanation was, thus Farve should not receive credit for the td pass.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hammerwx » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:40 am

pmix wrote:If you saw the replay, the ball was fumbled before he went into the endzone. It was then recovered initially in the endzone by Fischer. As soon as he retained possesion it was ruled a td, even though Udeze came out of the pile with it.

I think this should what the explanation was, thus Farve should not receive credit for the td pass.

that's exactly the way I saw it, so there is no way you can score that as a pass TD from Favre. Look for a scoring change

Favre -2 passing yards
Favre -(1) TD pass
hammerwx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:52 am

hammerwx wrote:
matmat wrote:i don't think so. I think they ruled that he fumbled once in the endzone, which would mean the TD pass stands.

that does not make any sense. If it was ruled a fumble in the end zone, then Fisher could not have crossed the goal line with possesion of the ball. Once the player with the ball crosses the goal line-that's it a TD

thats what I was thinking. Unless you are a defensive player, any possession in the endzone is a td. ANd you cnt fumble if you dont have possession.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk