TE no one is talking about... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TE no one is talking about...

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE no one is talking about...

Postby mad benjamin » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:07 pm

Has anyone seen Ken Dilger's numbers since Griese took over at QB?

3r/60y/1TD
4/30y
0-0-0 (DNP)
5/47/1TD
5/51 (today)

They aren't eye-popping, but they're solid and it shows me that he utilizes the TE more than the other QBs. I may just have to take a shot at him this week. Those of us who don't have one of the top 8 TEs may want to look at him to get some steady production since it seems Griese looks his way a bit.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DUKE » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:23 pm

good post ;-D When I read the title of this thread, I thought, "If this isn't about Dilger, I'm going to mention him." I picked him up for one week while Gates was on a bye. I've thought Griese's abilities were underrated since he was a free agent from Denver. His last season w/ Miami in limited duty had me wondering, but he's looking very good warming the seat for Simms. It should be interesting to see what Gruden decides to do going forward. With Griese in there, he seems to increase the value of the whole offense around him.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:31 pm

I took a guess at who you meant before I looked, and I was right. Good call, mad benjamin! ;-D

The guy has been getting a ton of looks since Griese has come in. If you need someone, he's worth a look.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby I-man » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:32 pm

His value also increased with alstott's injury. Alstott ordinarily would be that "safety valve" type of receiver. Dilger is filling that role very well. I expect Dilger to perform for redzone and short yardage plays.
I-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Rusman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:03 am

Definitely! I picked up Dilger this week to cover for Gates' bye this week and my hopes were solidified as he did good this week again.
Rusman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Regular Season Champ - Survived the semi-finals and on to the Championship game!!

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:54 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I took a guess at who you meant before I looked, and I was right. Good call, mad benjamin! ;-D

The guy has been getting a ton of looks since Griese has come in. If you need someone, he's worth a look.

not only did I guess that, I picked him up in the two leagues I have gates in. I wasnt expecting much, but he was a pleasant suprise today
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Poker Fiend » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:03 am

The name that came to my mind was Dallas Clark, who I haven't heard much buzz about yet. As a Hawkeye fan I was aware of his potential, and he's really been proving himself with Pollard out. Unfortunately he's already taken in my league, and after 2 more TD today he won't last long in other leagues I imagine.
Poker Fiend
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:23 am

nice post man.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:55 am

Poker Fiend wrote:The name that came to my mind was Dallas Clark, who I haven't heard much buzz about yet. As a Hawkeye fan I was aware of his potential, and he's really been proving himself with Pollard out. Unfortunately he's already taken in my league, and after 2 more TD today he won't last long in other leagues I imagine.

I was thinking either Dilger or Clark as well. Fortunately for me, I have Gates and picked up Dallas as a bye week replacement. Not too shabby of a replacement, eh? ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:10 am

I had McMichael on bye this week, and picked up Dilger on Tuesday... I was all set to start him this week, when I suddenly decided to give Stevens a shot againt St. Louis... That might be a move that costs me a win, depending on how McNabb and Westy perform tonight....

In any case, I think Dilger is a good top 10-ish TE the rest of the way... I would expect a solid 5-10 points from him week in and week out...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk