Long term thoughts on Chris Brown. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Long term thoughts on Chris Brown.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Long term thoughts on Chris Brown.

Postby sha » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:07 pm

Anybody get to watch the Titans play on a regular basis? is Chris Brown going to be the stud that i hope he'll be? his stats were pretty lackluster today, right now i'm hoping that he'll be a staple on my keeper league team for years to come. WE keep 3. 15 teams. thanks

qb-pennington,delhomme
rb-a. green, c.brown,morris,davenport
wr-burress,givens,gaffney
te-mcmichael,graham
k-elam, brien
d/st-bills
sha
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mad benjamin » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:15 pm

Unfortunately, Tenn's offense is struggling badly this year. Brown has been up-and-down, partly due to injury and partly due to the offensive ineptitude. Mason has really been the most consistent (not spectacular; consistent) player on that offense this year. I think Brown will be okay if he can shake off those fumbles.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nerdd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:30 am

Brown cost me a game today with a little help from Mcgahee and Carr. I'm interested too in his long term value as I will keep either Brown or Mcgahee with Portis. I havent seen him play this year but with the exception of 2 weeks ago he seems to be better with Mcnair in the lineup.
nerdd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Commish » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:44 am

I'd keep McGahee over Brown. When in doubt, keep the University of Miami player (Edgerrin.......Portis..........McGahee)
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:11 pm

What do you guys think about Brown vs. Droughns for rest of the season value?
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs_Wagon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:26 pm

Brown will probably be a servicable #2/3 back for the rest of the year. C'mon, do you really have THAT many rb's that you can just plug in? I've got a choice between Brown & K. Jones, and I'll be using Brown. This was probably Brown's ugliest game that he's played in to date. In ff, you can't react to one game.

I'd certainly rate Droughns about equal to Brown. (only thing Brown has over him is T. Bell could be in the mix at some point - and that seems unlikely). Brown seems to get more TD looks but is dinged constantly. any more detail, and throw it in a different forum :)
Gibbs_Wagon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby xbird » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:07 pm

I've watched or been at every Titan game. Yesterday's game was
a total shipwreck. The oline lost Hopkins, F Miller should not have
been playing, Z Pillar is out for the year and Olson is limited.
Combine that with a good Bears D, plus, Brown's turf toe got
worse as the game went on, it was uglly.
I hope C Brown sits until his toe heals-which may not happen
this year. The kid can be a stud if he is healthy and his oline is
healthy. Guess what, the injuries to the defense are worse!
Hello high draft pick!
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Commish » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:30 pm

I tend to agree with the above poster. This Bears Defense is quickly turning into one of the best units in football. The Titans needed a healthy McNair & O-line to run the football successfully.

As a Bear fan, I can hardly wait for the return of Pro Bowl safety Mike Brown and one of the most exciting young DB's in the league in Charles Tillman. If the Bears can go out this offseason & get a QB that can compete with Grossman and get a good WR (i.e. Mike Williams if they don't win too many games), I can easily see them making the playoffs in '06. Lovie should get some coach of the year votes -- I saw this team going 4-12 in the preseason.
The_Commish
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dplymkr88 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:53 pm

That's the question of the hour now. I've got LT, The Dom, and Brown. We get to keep two, LT is a slam dunk, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the second one. Dom is making his case, albeit very late in the season. Long term value I think Dom is more valuable than Brown simply because I expect more out of the Texans offense. Their O is on the upside, while Tennessee's is clearly on the downside. Having said that it's still gonna be one helluva choice at the end of the year.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Return to Football Talk